Hughesnet Community

Usage meter refills to zero used each day

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danoh

Usage meter refills to zero used each day

My usage **bleep** refills to the full 20 GB at the end of each day so I have no idea what my total usage is for the cycle see attached graph. The summary report says 0% used 20 Gigabytes available after 15 days into the cycle. I do not see a button to allow me to upload the screenshot in the community.
5 REPLIES 5
MarkJFine
Professor

First, have you searched the site or read your welcome email?

There are numerous reports of people complaining about this, only to be told that this is normal for the first 20 days in order to ensure the system is working properly. And, as alluded, it was in your welcome email.

Second, this particular forum named "General Discussion" is also marked explicitly "NOT FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT". The appropriate forum for this discussion would be named "Tech Support".

Seeing a trend here.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

For the first 20 days of your service, Hughesnet sets your data to constantly refill. This is done as a courtesy, to allow new users to get their systems up to date, if needed, so they're not using data.  Your system will go to normal after 20 days.

To add a screenshot, click on PHOTOS.  This is found on the ribbon above the message composer window. 

add-images.png

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@danoh

If you choose to utilize this support community, please also choose to have enough respect for your fellow users, and other readers, to not use foul language.  Not only is it disrespectful to anyone who reads this site, including little eyes, it is against the Community Guidelines, as well as completely unnecessary.  

Brooke
Alum

Hi danoh, thanks for posting and welcome to the community. As the others mentioned, your first 20 days of service we provide relaxed bandwidth. Let us know if you have any other questions about your service. 

-Brooke

Brooke
Alum

Hello danoh, I have not heard from you since your initial post. I hope we were able to answer your inquiries. I'm going to close this thread due to inactivity, but if you ever have questions in the future, you're more than welcome to start a new thread and we'll be glad to help out!

Thank you.

-Brooke