Want to cry over HughesNet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thewarehouse
Sophomore

Want to cry over HughesNet

My bill is $150 this coming month. There's only two of us. Most of the time we have very slow speeds and can't watch Netflix or Amazon Prime shows. Just one or two an evening is all we are hoping for. Got a "not enough bandwidth" message last night. Nothing was connected to the net but the tv. Nothing. 

I teach online 2 days a week and the last two sessions were horrible. There is nothing connected to the internet except for my LAN for the computer I'm using when I teach and yet the connection is terrible. 

HughesNet was beautiful and all I hoped for (a few glitches were to be expected) the first 20 days and now I just want to cry that we spend so much money on a service that has definitely not lived up to the hype. 

Oh and my usage meter thing that I downloaded to my desktop no longer works. It has some sort of malfunction. (Yes, I already posted that in another area.)

32 REPLIES 32
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Sports fans can get so GRRRRR about stuff. (OK, not sure if this applies to golf). 

Dude's overcome by The GRRRRDude's overcome by The GRRRR

maratsade

Apparently, golf people get grrr too.

Golf GRRRRGolf GRRRR

@maratsade wrote:

Sports fans can get so GRRRRR about stuff. (OK, not sure if this applies to golf). 

Dude's overcome by The GRRRRDude's overcome by The GRRRR

Liverpool fans can grrr all they want.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

The Tele says we're not to suppress fans' freedom to GRRR.  Check out the pic of an angry Arsenal fan.

Oh gawd... that's Claude, one of the AFTV mongs. He routinely goes apoplectic.

Edit: Claude faked a despondent video on periscope last winter and disappeared for 5 days in order to generate sympathy from people like Gary Linaker and other notables. Apparently he wasn't getting enough social media attention.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

That's indeed Claude....He's a nutter.

thewarehouse
Sophomore

Edited this comment to add so that y'all won't tell me to go elsewhere: Ah, posted in the wrong spot as I *do* wish to have some tech support on this issue.

maratsade

What issue is that?

thewarehouse wrote:

I *do* wish to have some tech support on this issue.

GabeU

@thewarehouse 

3rd party speed tests normally choose a testing server that is either close to your gateway, which is nowhere near you, or that gives the lowest latency (at the time of the test).  They don't normally choose one near your own location, and on the off chance that they do, it's coincidence.    

Regarding the rest of the issues you're having, you should start a new topic in tech support. 

P.S.  Don't worry, I don't have special powers. 😛  I could see what your original question was in my email notification of this reply due to me being subscribed to this thread.

stevef
Junior

Well, you have to turn off buy buying more 1GB-s. You have 10 for daytime, 50 for night time and you pay around $60 a month for it. Yes, it gets slow when the limit is reached, but at this point, the technology and the companies working like this. There is not much people can do, if the only option is satellite provider.

DaveE
New Poster

Hughes Net SUCKS period , cant wait till contract ends , have a problem .......call  another country where they read from a script , that really doesn't answer any questions , get someone in the U S A & just get **bleep** , gonna tell everyone the truth about this joke of an internet provider , wasted alot of money over the years on them , would be better going to town to the library to use internet than keep putting up with this garbage !!

@thewarehouse wrote:

My bill is $150 this coming month. There's only two of us. Most of the time we have very slow speeds and can't watch Netflix or Amazon Prime shows. Just one or two an evening is all we are hoping for. Got a "not enough bandwidth" message last night. Nothing was connected to the net but the tv. Nothing. 

I teach online 2 days a week and the last two sessions were horrible. There is nothing connected to the internet except for my LAN for the computer I'm using when I teach and yet the connection is terrible. 

HughesNet was beautiful and all I hoped for (a few glitches were to be expected) the first 20 days and now I just want to cry that we spend so much money on a service that has definitely not lived up to the hype. 

Oh and my usage meter thing that I downloaded to my desktop no longer works. It has some sort of malfunction. (Yes, I already posted that in another area.)

GabeU

@DaveE wrote:

Hughes Net SUCKS period , cant wait till contract ends , have a problem .......call  another country where they read from a script , that really doesn't answer any questions  

Neither does twice posting a complaint on a support community, yet never taking advantage of the purpose of that community... the aforementioned support.  

When you're having an issue with your vehicle, do you go to the dealership, walk into an area that's nowhere near the service department, rant for a while, then leave and go back home?  I doubt it.