Hughesnet Community

Why would I even notice something like this?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Why would I even notice something like this?

Capture.JPG

52 REPLIES 52

@kitnbob

Might also want to edit that image to take your SAN/Acct# off. people can use it for ID theft.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Is there a place to set the time on the SCC?  Mine is 5 hours ahead.  (I hadn't noticed the 24 hour clock, but I'm used to that so it's not a problem).

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

Is there a place to set the time on the SCC?  Mine is 5 hours ahead.  (I hadn't noticed the 24 hour clock, but I'm used to that so it's not a problem).

No.  The SCC is on UTC for everyone.  Having it on peoples' own time zones would/could cause too much chaos when it comes to many aspects of, not ony the modem itself, but tech services.  

@maratsade

Almost everyone on the Daily Cannon website is on GMT, but it's hosted in Germany so the logs are +1. You should see the fun when I have to track something down.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

@MarkJFine wrote:

...Those never show in the Usage Meter until you go to buy some and hit "Use".

Ive been looking all over for where the tokens are hiding.   I had to laugh at the hiding places @GabeU Found.

I found some more HERE..

@MarkJFine is right. Never show themselves .  I wonder how long they'll hide there.. Smiley Happy

They're not in Here...They're not in Here...Wow! I see 9 more hiding HEREWow! I see 9 more hiding HERE 

GabeU

@kitnbob

What I'd do, and I wish I had done with my own, is leave at least some of those tokens right where they are.  What I mean is don't add all of them to the Token Bytes Available by clicking on the Use button next to the 9 Prepaid and 6 Free tokens.  That way, you can decide whether to use your token data or go into FAP, though the 3000MB that you already do have banked would have to be used (automatically) before going into FAP.  For most things, FAP speed would be fine for me, and I would only need full service speed for streaming or download a large file, for which I could then add some token data to the Token Bytes Available by clicking on "Use" next to them.  But, I made the mistake of clicking "use" on all of my tokens, so I can't control their usage that way now.  If I run out of Service Plan Data my tokens are going to be automatically used and I will never go into FAP until every single MB of token data is utilized.  😞  Not that I want to have to do either, but I'd rather be able to choose whether to use tokens or go into FAP if I ever run out of my service plan data.    

That's just an idea.  

Thanks Gabe. I planned to leave them right where they are. Maybe they will reproduce, clone themselves, Multiply!!!

Token - Free (500MB)    Token - Free (500MB)     We dont even Know if the six little  Token - Free (500MB)    Token - Free (500MB)     Tokens are the same 3GB that have been already awarded to me because  Token - Free (500MB)      Token - Free (500MB)    of the satellite outage of Jan 2 this year.

It might have been a  Data Token - 3 GB (3000MB)   There are also 9 more little Token - Prepaid (500MB)  in the ADD playpen. Heck, they might morph into something big.   Data Token - 10 GB (10000MB)   

Ya never know  Smiley Embarassed

GabeU

@kitnbob

The 3GB of tokens given due to the outage in early Jan is almost assuredly the 3000MB that is already in the Data Tokens Available (banked).  So, you actually have 10.5GB of tokens in total, with the 3GB from the outage already banked.  Not bad at all.  🙂 

As for multiplying, stranger things have happened!  LOL.  😛 

@GabeU wrote:

@kitnbob

So, you actually have 10.5GB of tokens in total, with the 3GB from the outage already banked.  Not bad at all.  🙂 

Token - Prepaid (500MB)

Thanks for that. Im starting to feel a little Less unimportant now. WhoopEE!!!

Token - Free (500MB)

Token - Free (500MB)

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

@GabeU, if you go over, you have GOT to take a pic of it.  You're Mr SuperDataMiser, after all.  You have a duty to document your downfall.  😉 

Well, I made it through.  Only 42 minutes to go.  It's the closest I've ever come, though.  It's also the most data, combined, that I've ever used.  

Capture.JPG

It's your duty. I heard That.

@GabeU wrote:

@maratsade wrote:

@GabeU, if you go over, you have GOT to take a pic of it.  You're Mr SuperDataMiser, after all.  You have a duty to document your downfall.  😉 

Well, I made it through.  Only 42 minutes to go.  It's the closest I've ever come, though.  It's also the most data, combined, that I've ever used. 

Well. WHAT was so darn Important that you downloaded the most data EVER for?                                Token - Prepaid (500MB)            

GabeU

@kitnbob wrote:

@GabeU wrote:

@maratsade wrote:

Well. WHAT was so darn Important that you downloaded the most data EVER for?                                Token - Prepaid (500MB)            

Lots and lots of speed testing, for the most part.  I did a little bit of HBO Go streaming earlier in the month, too, which I normally don't do.  

BTW, you have great taste in music.  Though I'm not much on live tracks, save for the actual concerts, the late 60s through mid/late 70s is my favorite era for music.  

@GabeU wrote:

@kitnbob wrote:

.  I did a little bit of HBO Go streaming earlier in the month, too, which I normally don't do.  

Before ATT aquired DirecTV, my television provider had a desktop app called Genie Go.  (whole house DVR.type of thing)

was pretty buggy and ATT dropped it and removed all the help support. 

The new mobile app for smart phones and tablets works good for playing the Recordings>Playlist from my DirecTV receiver

But my Desktop computer wont. Considering even the TV receiver is using the same wi-fi network as the smartphones and tabletson my HT2000w modem

My desktop is ethernet cable.

ATT&T says Desktop app For DirecTV-DVR is Coming Soon

I think I'll start a new thread  and that will be the name of the Topic 

@maratsade

@GabeU

@MarkJFine

@GabeU wrote:

@kitnbob wrote:

@GabeU wrote:

@maratsade wrote:

Happy New Year All!
I got VERY close to using all my data Plan in Dec, 
and I noticed THIS;
Dec12Usage2.pngDec13Usage2.pngDec13TokenAvail.PNG

Looks to me like  I needed 64 MB and they gave me CHANGE back from a 
3000 MB Token.  Smiley Surprised
GabeU

@kitnbob

I would start a new topic in Tech Support to address this.  With that said, though, I don't know if the data remaining for a particular date is what's remaining at the end of the date or the beginning.  To have the system go into FAP while you still have data left would be odd, to say the least.  It's possible that the reps can look back in your history to see if you went into FAP, and when, and if it was due to a glitch or actually running out of data.  

I'll keep a look out for your topic and make sure to follow it if/when I see it, as I'm curious which is the case.  I know that the graph can be a pain when looking at the current day due to to it updating very oddly, but with past days it should be accurate.  Again, though, I'm not sure from which time of day it's reflecting the remaining data.  And the data shown as used on the 12th reflects very little usage, as well.  A head scratcher, for sure.

@kitnbob wrote:

Looks to me like  I needed 64 MB and they gave me CHANGE back from a 
3000 MB Token.  Smiley Surprised

@GabeU  Always gives thoughtfull replies, which I was not expecting for this silly post. The time of day does have bearing on when FAP occurs. I Do know I enter my  Bonus Zone data before you do Gabe.

I find that the graphs provided with the Usage meter are not as accurate as the ones found in myHughesNet> My Account> Usage.  The Usage meter graphs (my snips) are rounded up or down ie; "Tokens Remaining" 5.9 GB rather than 5936 MB.

Because I used data from two different sources, It looks odd, "Head scratcher"

In the old days, instead of "Billing cycle" 11 Days remaining

I used to read something like  10 days, 13 hours and 44 mins.

Back then, we could watch it to the very end, and resume our download.

Kinda like waiting for the last 15 seconds to increase my bid in an EBay auction. 🙂

GabeU

@kitnbob wrote:

The time of day does have bearing on when FAP occurs. I Do know I enter my  Bonus Zone data before you do Gabe.

Why would the time of day have a bearing on when FAP occurs?  Other than 2:00AM to 8:00AM if you have Bonus data, of course.  And with when you enter the Bonuz Zone, I enter mine at 2AM Eastern Time.  

@kitnbob wrote:

Kinda like waiting for the last 15 seconds to increase my bid in an EBay auction. 🙂

Years ago I got into a bidding war for a PC game (CD) on eBay.  Somehow, even with the latency, and going back and forth up until the last seconds, I won.  I got the game for something like $6.40.  We kept increasing out bids by five or ten cents, but my last bid was raised by $2 in the last couple of seconds, so I got it.  😛 

@GabeU wrote:

@kitnbob wrote:

The time of day does have bearing on when FAP occurs. I Do know I enter my  Bonus Zone data before you do Gabe.

Why would the time of day have a bearing on when FAP occurs?  Other than 2:00AM to 8:00AM if you have Bonus data, of course.  And with when you enter the Bonuz Zone, I enter mine at 2AM Eastern Time.  

My bad. I was thinkin that you were west coast.

Im a Virginia hill billy.   In the hills out of cell coverage.

GabeU

@kitnbob wrote:

Im a Virginia hill billy.   In the hills out of cell coverage. 

Virginia is my second home.  If I ever had the chance to move back there, I would.  I grew up and now again live in Western NY State, but in 1993 I moved to Northern VA and absolutely loved it.  I ended up moving to MD in 2000, then back here in 2002, but I would absolutely love to live in VA again someday.  I miss it terribly.  Northern VA is a melting pot of people.  People from just about every part of the world you can think of.  It was amazing.  And there were a lot of great job opportunities there, as well.  I lived in Manassas and worked in Manassas and Fairfax.  When I moved to MD, OTOH, I hated it.  Perhaps it was just the area (Hagerstown) that I didn't like.     

My brother moved to VA a couple of years before I did, which is why I went down in the first place.  He's still there, though in southern VA now.

My cell coverage here is okay, at best.  Most of the time just one or two bars, but on a really clear day and in just the right spot I can get three.   Not really a problem for talking and texting, but trying to use the data is a bit rough.  5Mbps or so is about the best I've seen with my phone, but it's usually around 2Mbps.  

Most Data EVER?

@GabeU wrote:

@maratsade wrote:

I went on a binge in Nov 2017 and downloaded a bunch of "flac" audio file of live concerts in '68 and early 70's.

about 4.8 Gb of Grateful Dead, 10 Gb of NRPS, another 10Gb of Gram Parsons with the Byrds, and Flying Burrito Bros, and EmmyLou Harris.  Token - Prepaid (500MB)  who all Gram sang with. I met Mr FAP that month       Token - Prepaid (500MB)          FAP wasnt so bad. I probably have more Audio files time stamped that month. I was downloading on 2 Drives so that they wouldnt over heat.

I didnt know those little  tokens  were hiding till just a few days ago.

So, YOU haven't met Mr FAP yet?   (the cell phones made me do it)

@kitnbob

Every once in a while the one guy posts **bleep**'s Picks - select Dead concerts. Was always tempted but never got started, 'cause I'd never stop.

Edit: That bleep was supposed to be "Di*k's"... Named after tape vault archivist: Di*k Latvala.