Worst Ever

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vlzbook
New Poster

Worst Ever

I hate that where I live I have to have Hughesnet for a internet provider. It is the worst ever. I have had internet when I lived in New York, Spectrum was one of them and they charged me the same amount every month and I never had slow internet. I never had to purchase tokens. Hughes is ridiculous on their pricing. What they want 180.00 for I was getting in New York for 55.00 a month, no crashes, no slow-mo, no interruptions. I am so over this company. My contract is up in seven months. Hopefully by then another service provider will come into our vacinity. They are talking putting up lines. I hope they do and then Spectrum can give Huges a run for their money. Come on Huges, you know you're ripping us off. Shame on you. Greed is not becoming. 

8 REPLIES 8
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@vlzbook 

Comparing cable internet to satellite internet is like comparing a 20lb watermelon you grew in your back yard to a small exotic fruit you had to import from the Orient.  

Satellite internet has much less capacity than ground bases services, so it's more subject to the effects of congestion.  It can't be expanded like ground based service can.  It has twenty times the latency, which can negatively affect some activities.  It's also considerably more expensive, per capita, to both provide and maintain.  

Good luck with your new service.

ya i just recently found out the difference! i had cable unlimited 200 mbps for $73 a month. now i only get 0.65 - 1.90 mbps during the day & around 2-3 mbps @3:00 am. its so bad i cant watch netflix at 8:pm at night.... it buffers more than it plays..... : (

it dont get any better. i just ran there speed test @ 11:45pm , it said i got a hole 2.2mb download speed. i checked it with 2 trusted speed checkers and they put it at  617kb and at 515kb. if there was anything else out here in the middle of no where i would be useing it

@Amanda 
Think this thread needs to be locked down... becoming too much of a pity party.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
kews12
New Poster

I just had installed & seems streaming TV on this service is a constant issue. I even connected a LAN to my TV & still can't stream 1 TV show. Seriously debating going back to no internet at all!
maratsade

You may want to consider cancelling the service, then.  Hopefully you have some other options. 

kews12 wrote:
I just had installed & seems streaming TV on this service is a constant issue. I even connected a LAN to my TV & still can't stream 1 TV show. Seriously debating going back to no internet at all!

Cannot even play a youtube video on the lowest 144 res setting .... it'll always cut out stall out at least 15 times finally get fed up with even trying ..... bout to yank their equp off my roof and toss it in the garbage ...

maratsade

May want to consider cancelling and returning the equipment.

Alice321123 wrote:

Cannot even play a youtube video on the lowest 144 res setting .... it'll always cut out stall out at least 15 times finally get fed up with even trying ..... bout to yank their equp off my roof and toss it in the garbage ...