cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emoji

emoji

  Back in the days before anyone had even heard of an emoji, regular characters were used to the same effect.

For example:  I used a ':', '>', ')', '>', to mean I'm smiling and I have a beard.  If I try to do the same thing here, the message editor changes the ':',  '>' to the emoji used by the editor, even when enclosed in quotes.  Is there a way to turn this off?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: emoji

Testing  Smiley Embarassed)>.  I set emoticon to none in settings

8 REPLIES 8

Re: emoji

  Well, its been a week and no replies  I'm going to take that as a "no" .

 

 

Assistant Professor

Re: emoji

I'm old and remember those but still just looks like a bunch of scribbling and I don't want to take the time to look them up. That is why actual graphic emojis where invented.

 

Your question would most likely take forwarding to the website developers (third party). If you really want an answer probably should post in "Your Thoughts on the Community" or "Tech Support". The mods don't consider the General section as a place they are compelled to answer or take part in.

Re: emoji


@BirdDog wrote:

I'm old and remember those but still just looks like a bunch of scribbling and I don't want to take the time to look them up. That is why actual graphic emojis where invented.

 

  Yes, but none of them here have a beard.  Smiley Embarassed)>

 

Your question would most likely take forwarding to the website developers (third party). If you really want an answer probably should post in "Your Thoughts on the Community" or "Tech Support". The mods don't consider the General section as a place they are compelled to answer or take part in.

 

  Thanks,  I didn't think of that. 


 

Distinguished Professor III

Re: emoji


@gaines_wright wrote:

  Yes, but none of them here have a beard.  Smiley Embarassed)>


Beard.jpg


AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Re: emoji

ROFL!   Now just add longer than shoulder length hair, and make all the hair grey.  Smiley Embarassed)>

Distinguished Professor III

Re: emoji


@gaines_wright wrote:

ROFL!   Now just add longer than shoulder length hair, and make all the hair grey.  Smiley Embarassed)>


That thing is crazy looking, isn't it?  Smiley Tongue 

 

I tried to find one with real beard hair, but that's the best I could come up with.  I thought of creating one, but I'm not very good with editing and combining pictures like that.


AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Re: emoji


@GabeU wrote:

@

I tried to find one with real beard hair, but that's the best I could come up with.  I thought of creating one, but I'm not very good with editing and combining pictures like that.

 

Well, that's a good start.  I guess I'm going to have to learn to use GIMP.


 

Re: emoji

Testing  Smiley Embarassed)>.  I set emoticon to none in settings