Been thinking of upgrading.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adam_W
Freshman

Been thinking of upgrading.

I'm on an old hn9000 modem, been thinking of upgrading but worried I would get a installer/tech with a bad attitude.  I get those alot with my directv, they come out and have fits and tell me they are not being paid to fix this or that.  I'm worried Hughes uses the same techs as Directv.  If I were the upgrade, what would that have to do? would they have to change the wiring any etc?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Adam_W 

It's likely that the cable can be reused for the new service.  However, chances are they'll have to do something with the dish itself, with the possibilities ranging anywhere from simply re-pointing it to replacing it.  

A rep can tell you for sure.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST, though Damian is occasionally on during the evenings.  It's likely that you'll get a reply from one tomorrow.  They also may need some personal information from you to locate your account, but for security purposes they'll ask for it through Private Message if they do.

View solution in original post

Damian

@Adam_W,

Thank you for contacting us again. I completely understand your concerns when it comes to having a professional and well-mannered technician perform your install. We do enforce this standard and take action when possible. Because we contract through a third-party service, it is likely that the same pool of technicians will be assigned to the install. These are usually local technicians who also contract through different companies such as DIRECTV.

If you decide to upgrade the service, you can reach out here or by calling our support number to update the dealer and express your preference for a different technician. If you do this through our community, I will be able to private message your FSO# and the number for the dealer. This will be your identification so that you can update them directly. If you reach out via phone support, the representative will be able to this for you, while you are placed on a brief hold. 

I am assuming your install took place quite a while ago which increases the chance of the installer being a different one. Of course, updating the dealer will make them mindful and alert them that a different technician is required. I am confident that these steps will ensure your next installer is professional and behaves according to our standard.     

When it comes to the install, new wiring is not always required, however, new equipment will be used such as a new modem. If any issues are found with other equipment, this will be replaced at no extra charge. 

-Damian 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GabeU

@Adam_W 

It's likely that the cable can be reused for the new service.  However, chances are they'll have to do something with the dish itself, with the possibilities ranging anywhere from simply re-pointing it to replacing it.  

A rep can tell you for sure.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST, though Damian is occasionally on during the evenings.  It's likely that you'll get a reply from one tomorrow.  They also may need some personal information from you to locate your account, but for security purposes they'll ask for it through Private Message if they do.

Damian

@Adam_W,

Thank you for contacting us again. I completely understand your concerns when it comes to having a professional and well-mannered technician perform your install. We do enforce this standard and take action when possible. Because we contract through a third-party service, it is likely that the same pool of technicians will be assigned to the install. These are usually local technicians who also contract through different companies such as DIRECTV.

If you decide to upgrade the service, you can reach out here or by calling our support number to update the dealer and express your preference for a different technician. If you do this through our community, I will be able to private message your FSO# and the number for the dealer. This will be your identification so that you can update them directly. If you reach out via phone support, the representative will be able to this for you, while you are placed on a brief hold. 

I am assuming your install took place quite a while ago which increases the chance of the installer being a different one. Of course, updating the dealer will make them mindful and alert them that a different technician is required. I am confident that these steps will ensure your next installer is professional and behaves according to our standard.     

When it comes to the install, new wiring is not always required, however, new equipment will be used such as a new modem. If any issues are found with other equipment, this will be replaced at no extra charge. 

-Damian 

Bran new laptop and the best plan.....hues Internet just sucks...and they do NOTHING to fix it!! Even after many emails and calls. Contracts...ughh
maratsade

And idiotically, you post your inane comment under a post where a HN rep is helping  someone fix their issues.  If you want help with whatever issues you think you have, create a new thread under Tech Support and explain what's going on, you know, with details.   If you want to rant and whine, you're in the wrong place. Try social media. 

CrystalMatuszak wrote:
Bran new laptop and the best plan.....hues Internet just sucks...and they do NOTHING to fix it!! Even after many emails and calls. Contracts...ughh

GabeU

@CrystalMatuszak 

Your rant has absolutely nothing to do with the OP's question, and posting such on this thread is very disrespectful.  

If you need help with an issue, please start YOUR OWN topic in the appropriate section.

Thank you GabeU and Damian for responding with helpful info.  I'll mull over it, might wait for things to cool down... or it to actually rain so the ground is more workable to dig if new wires are needed.   I'd be okay with a new modem or them repositioning the dish.  Hopefully I don't get a grumpy tech if I do get it.

GabeU

@Adam_W 

You're very welcome.  I hope that, if you do eventually upgrade, it goes well.  🙂

I also hope you get a happy tech.  😛