Hi Robp1, welcome and thank you for reaching out to us on the community! I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, I hope I can clarify things up for you. We unfortunately can't guarantee speeds will be exactly between 1-3mbps; they will have variances. To quote from our website here that goes over all the legal details:
"All Service Plans feature the No Hard Data Limits where the user can continue to use the Service without being charged for additional data usage. If a user uses more data than is provided in the monthly plan, he or she will experience reduced data speeds, until their next billing period. Reduced speeds may be as low as or lower than 1 Mbps and may cause Web sites to load more slowly or affect the performance of certain activities such as video streaming or large downloads/uploads."
With your HughesVoice, please correct me if I misunderstood, but it sounds like you're using it when you call in for tech support; what may be happening when you call in to tech support is, if they have you reboot your modem, your phone line gets cut off as well. So it's best to let them know if you're using your Hughes phone prior to them doing any troubleshooting.
I hope this clarifies things.
I want to clarify some things to make sure I understand:
- Are you experiencing slow speeds before you reach the end of your monthly data cap?
- Are the calls disconnecting once you've reached your monthly data cap?
I ran a diagnostic and I don't currently see any issues, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. I'd like for you to try some steps for me.
1. Unplug the ATA (Voice unit).
2. Unplug the HughesNet modem at the wall outlet or power pack (Do NOT unplug from the back of the modem).
3. Wait for at least 30 seconds after unplugging the HughesNet modem, then plug the modem back in.
4. Wait for about five minutes so that the HughesNet modem is fully back up and running, then plug in the ATA.
5. Make sure all the cables are securely attached.
Let me know if that helps!
If you would like your issues addressed, please start your own topic in the appropriate area, such as Tech Support or myAccount and Billing.
I was also lied to and I see one generec answer after another.
Thanks for getting back to be Rob. After running further diagnostics on your account, I saw you have a marginal alignment with your dish. I went ahead and set you up with a complimentary technician visit to address this. You'll receive a call/text to confirm or reschedule the appointment.
Hope this helps!
Hi Robp1, I hope everything has been well since I last heard from you. I'm going to close this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any additional questions, feel free to start a new thread and we'll be glad to help!