New Gen5 upgrade today!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pacetree
Junior

New Gen5 upgrade today!

Got my Gen5 upgrade today and it is awesome!  Could not have asked for a better experience.  Installer was fast and efficient, Gen 5 service is better than expected so far.  I had no problems with the modem.  I even disabled the WiFi and am using my Netgear router.  Getting 49Mbps down and 5Mbps up!  I'll probably move everything over to the modem's WiFi eventually, but didn't have time today.  It's working so well like this, who knows.  

I just wanted to post that it was a great experience and so far I am loving the new service.  I can't believe it will be cheaper (I have been buying 15gig of tokens each month) and is this much better!  😀😀😀

5 REPLIES 5
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@pacetree wrote:

I can't believe it will be cheaper (I have been buying 15gig of tokens each month) and is this much better!  😀😀😀

Though I haven't read of the experiences of anyone who has gone into FAP with Gen5, with the purported higher FAP speed you may not need to buy tokens even if you end up running out of data with your new plan.  Another bonus!  🙂

maratsade

@GabeU wrote:

Though I haven't read of the experiences of anyone who has gone into FAP with Gen5, with the purported higher FAP speed you may not need to buy tokens even if you end up running out of data with your new plan.  Another bonus!  🙂

that's great! I'm going to have to use up my tokens, then. 🙂

maratsade

"Got my Gen5 upgrade today and it is awesome! "

This is great to hear! I' m still waiting for my install, and I hope my experience will also be good. 

GabeU

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

I finally fapped, saw a steady 2-3Mbps.

Congrats!  Good job.  🙂

Nice speeds, too!