Satellite power and data delivery not competitive with cable

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moltke2010
New Poster

Satellite power and data delivery not competitive with cable

Sales rep told my wife she could order netflex and vitrually unlimited amount of download although sehw would be charged fr each movie.    As a result we constantly run out of bandwidth very quickly and there is no way to easily tell the differnece betweeen a HD download and a non hd which is perfectly OK.   The installation here was terribly difficult as we have an historic house and needed a booster and a second installation of the antenna and have gone from 10 to 50 and then had to add bandwidth.  System didnt work for the first 60 days but we hang in there. My wife is housebound and satellite is NOT the way to go, as I am paying more than i did with Century link and Dishnet bundle. We have turned off the wifi on our cellphones.  Since the inatallation we have had nothing but trouble from Hughesnet.  I dont feel like paying 380  just to get out of a bad contract, so we are telling folks not to do the satellite way if there is any other option.  I am aprofessor and download articles --never once thought about it with century link; had good ocasional use of  netflix to watch a video.  Bought a booster to get signal where I neede itand replace the allegedly free one we were offered to make the service work at all.  Big historic houses dont like satellites. 

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Some people don't have any other choice but satellite internet. For those people, satellite internet is very good. Additionally, many people have no problems with the system at all.  If you have issues with the technology, you may want to get help by posting under Tech Support.  

Satellite technology is very different from land cable and cannot and should not be compared. They are not in competition because they are different technologies.  

Fees for terminating a contract early are standard with all ISPs -- you'd have the same issue with Xfinity, Verizon Wireless, etc. 

What do you teach?

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@Moltke2010, multiple topics on same complaint really doesn't help you or anyone possibly solve your problem. 

Amanda

Hello Moltke2010,

Welcome to our community and thank you for reaching out to us. I've located your account and have already submitted a sales call review request. Your patience is appreciated.

Thank you,

Amanda

Amanda

Hello Moltke2010,

I appreciate you waiting on me, I've received the results of the sales call review. After listening to the call it was found that the sales agent provided incorrect information about video streaming, in that you could stream unlimited Netflix. The sales agent was identified and will be provided both a high level infraction as well as further coaching/training.

I will send you a private message with more information and next steps.

Thank you,

Amanda

Amanda

Hi Moltke2010

We haven't heard from you in a while, so this thread will be closed. If you do decide to cancel the services please let me know as soon as possible through a new post or a private message.

Thank you

Amanda