Viasat

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drewman
Freshman

Viasat

Received a flyer in the mail over the weekend from Viasat (formerly Exede.) For an extra $10/month I'll get a faster download speed and I won't get slowed down untill I reach 100 GB of data instead of my current plan which is 50GB. When do you plan to offer similar service upgrades? I'm quite satisfied with your service and don't wish to change providers. Since I'd have to sign a 2 year contract with them, I don't want to wish I stayed with Hughes if you offer a better plan in the coming days.

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You may want to do your due diligence and check the complaints lodged against the company you mention. 

Pretty sure I can see similar throughout these message boards.

Liz

Hi Drewman,

Thanks for posting and thanks for sharing your thoughts. We currently aren't aware of any new plans for the near future, but should that change we'll let you know.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thank you.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Drewman

It's unlikely that the HughesNet plans will change until a new satellite goes up, and that, at this point, isn't scheduled until 2021.   

Keep in mind that, with HughesNet, you're only throttled when you've reached your data limit.  You're not cut off.  And I also recommend researching their service.  The grass isn't always greener, and it appears that, as of right now, at least in some areas, the grass isn't very green at all.  And remember, your current HughesNet plan also includes 50GB of Bonus Zone Data.   

"For an extra $10/month I'll get a faster download speed and I won't get slowed down untill I reach 100 GB of data instead of my current plan which is 50GB."  Again, do your research, as right now this may not be the case.  That service isn't available everywhere, and where it is available it may not be working the way it should.  They've had antenna issues with their new satellite.  Read through their Community.   The best thing to do is ask for peoples' experience.