Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Wifi Booster? Wifi Extender?

14 REPLIES 14
garywaissi
Freshman

There appears to be no information about when the wifi booster will be available!?

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Probably wont hear anything about this for a long while... Hughesnet gets tight lipped about products that they haven't physically launched.  

macsociety
Advanced Tutor

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

Looks like soon we can purchase a Wifi Extender "booster" to work with our HT2000w and not have to rely on third party products. 😄

Wonder how much these will cost and where we can get them 0.0...

https://support.hughesnet.com/what-hughes-wi-fi-booster

https://support.hughesnet.com/sites/support.hughesnet.com/files/inline-files/1041400-0001_b.pdf

96b7f64a2105b9e9efd5eda30ed946f2

Wondering what more if anything this model would have over generic 110v extenders that can be had for cheap.  I have a TP-Link 300Mbps Universal WiFi plugged in upstairs.  It can get the internet feed off of another wifi device (Hughes 2000) if needed to extend the signal.  Seems I probably don't need in connected anymore as I used it with my older ATT service but this new Hughes modem for Gen 5 seems to be strong enough w/o it.  TJ

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Chances are it connects over those hidden wifi networks we can see our HT2000w putting out as a backhaul channel to prevent using the other networks and freeing up air space, where other extenders must connect over the unhidden network.  I also suspect, ya know, it's a support thing more than anything... Hughesnet doesn't have to provide support for third party products as is (while there's a third party section, that is almost purely for customer to customer support, you wont see Hughes drop into third party products much at all), so releasing this means they can provide in house support for their own extender if a customer has one.

What's the cost of the booster? I can't find the info anywhere. I've got some low signal zones in my 2 story house and this would probably help.

No idea... It hasn't been officially announced yet it seems.  Probably one of those cases where whoever is over the website and FAQ probably put information up so it's available when the product does launch.

That's odd. It's listed under the Shop/Upgrade Section of the myHughesNet website and that's were I saw it so I though it must have already been launched.
Susaniam

I am sad to say that I have been told that highenet is not offering the booster here. They may in the future and will let me know.   I am unable to stream anything from my coumpter or laptop as the 27 to 30 from the gen5 tower is to far....only way to do it is to have z booster... any suggestions?

So what is the latest on the wifi extender?  It seems rather stupid that HughesNet's support FAQ tells you the what and the why about the extender, but I have found absolutely nothing throughout HughesNet that tells you where you can purchase the extender.  Am I just missing the obvious, or is the wifi extender still not available for sale via HughesNet?  I'm baffled.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@CDMman

The WiFi Booster has been available for many months now.  To purchase one, please call 866-347-3292.  

Thank you very much for that phone number.  It sure would be nice if HughesNet made that information easily accessible on their web site.

GabeU

@CDMman wrote:

Thank you very much for that phone number.  It sure would be nice if HughesNet made that information easily accessible on their web site.

You're very welcome.  🙂   It's their support number, as well, so if you ever need to call them for a problem, or even just a question about your account, that would be the number to call.  

Also, if you look at the top right on this forum you'll see a "Contact Us" button.  I didn't know this until just now, but the number is there, too, as is being able to contact them through email or chat.  I've seen that button a gazillion times, but I've never clicked on it.  😛  

maratsade

"Thank you very much for that phone number.  It sure would be nice if HughesNet made that information easily accessible on their web site."

It is easily accessible on their website (hughesnet.com). Click on the white and red SUPPORT button, and that will take you to another page with 3 huge blue buttons. The one on the far left reads CUSTOMER SUPPORT and it has the number underneath.