Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luv2skyski
New Poster

data token sale email

Just received an email from HN.

Data Token Sale - now through 2/28/22

When you go to the data token purchase pages there is nothing there but the same ole prices?

When I emailed HN asking about it I received a totally off the wall response.

"Hello,
Your high-speed Data Tokens have been applied to your account!"

Anyone have any insight into the sale pricing and how to go about getting them?

Sincerely, Alan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Alan, the way it works is you buy a token package for the regular price, and a few days later you get the extra tokens that go with that package. I've used this several times and it works just fine every time.  So, for example, if you buy the 5GB package, that will cost $15. A few days later you will get the extra 3GB, so you end up paying $15 for 8GB. 

@luv2skyski wrote:

When you go to the data token purchase pages there is nothing there but the same ole prices?

"Hello,

Sincerely, Alan.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
maratsade

Alan, the way it works is you buy a token package for the regular price, and a few days later you get the extra tokens that go with that package. I've used this several times and it works just fine every time.  So, for example, if you buy the 5GB package, that will cost $15. A few days later you will get the extra 3GB, so you end up paying $15 for 8GB. 

@luv2skyski wrote:

"Hello,

Sincerely, Alan.

Thanks, maratsade.

Just thinking... Maybe HN could put something like that in the email?  Or, maybe on the token purchase page?

Sincerely, Alan.

maratsade

It is in the email, though. See the screencaps below.  

2022-02-23_10-23-59.png

2022-02-23_10-25-47.png

luv2skyski
New Poster

You know...I read that.  But it didn't even register.

I humbly apologize to the forum.

Sincerely, Alan.

maratsade

No need to apologise, Alan.  The emails are information intensive, so it's easy to miss stuff, especially in the small print. 🙂

@luv2skyski wrote:

You know...I read that.  But it didn't even register.

I humbly apologize to the forum.

Sincerely, Alan.

Just a follow up question...

"A few days later you will get the extra 3GB, so you end up paying $15 for 8GB."

How long does it really take?  

I purchased 10 of the $15 for 8GB back on the 24th of February and my data token allowance has not reflected the extra 30GB as of today.  March 7th, 2022.

Sincerely, Alan.

GabeU

@luv2skyski 

You should have gotten them by now.  One of the reps can likely look into this for you, but they won't be back on until tomorrow.  They may need some personal info from you in order to locate your account, but they'll ask for it to be sent via private message if they do, and they'll provide a link to do so. 

@Liz @Damian @Remy 

@luv2skyski,

Thanks for reaching out again. From what I can see, you currently have 42.7 GB of data tokens remaining. It is possible the website is not reflecting this yet. May I ask where you were checking this info? 

Thank you for the replies.

Under "usage details" in my account when logged in and directly from the router (they both say the same - 42.7 GB remaining).

On 02-23 I purchased 1 - 5gb token and on 02-24 I purchased 9 more.  That brought the remaining token allowance up to 55.3gb.  

It has slowly dwindled until March 1 when our service plan kicked back on.

Still don't see the "free" 30gb that I should be getting.

Sincerely, Alan.

maratsade

"I purchased 10 of the $15 for 8GB back on the 24th of February and my data token allowance has not reflected the extra 30GB as of today.  March 7th, 2022."

Alan, so you purchased the 8GB for $15 package ten times, spending $150 and getting a total of 80 GB added to your account right away, right?  (Not counting the missing extra 30 GB).  

Yes.

10 packages.  Technically, the 5gb for $15 + 3gb free.

The 50gb came almost immediately.  

I'm just waiting for the 30gb "free" part of the sale.

Sincerely, Alan.

maratsade

Thanks, Alan.  Hopefully the reps will be able to fix this for you soon. 

@luv2skyski,

I am wondering if the extra 30GB was added to your monthly data allotment and not the token data. Please allow me some time to research this, as I want to make sure I have an accurate explanation for you. 

-Damian 

I appreciate you checking but it definitely was not.  

Sincerely, Alan.

@luv2skyski,

I apologize for this taking longer than normal. I am still looking into why this hasn't been applied yet as it should working as designed. I am trying to prevent giving you double the amount or 60GB of extra tokens because the original extra tokens you purchased may eventually get applied. Once I can confirm there was an error/glitch, I will apply the tokes manually so you will ultimately still receive what you paid for. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. 

-Damian 

luv2skyski
New Poster

I sent HN an email this morning.  No reply as yet.  

I shouldn't have to go through all this to get what I paid for.  

This is very frustrating.

Sincerely, Alan.

maratsade

Alan, give @Damian time to research the situation and get back to you. Sometimes these things take time, frustrating as that is.  Hang in there; this is the best place to get a resolution, though you could also try the customer service number or the chat option. 

@luv2skyski wrote:

I sent HN an email this morning.  No reply as yet.  

I shouldn't have to go through all this to get what I paid for.  

This is very frustrating.

Sincerely, Alan.

luv2skyski
New Poster

Will do.

Thanks again.

Sincerely, Alan.

maratsade

Alan, I wanted to add that @Damian seems to be around in the evenings and not every day at that, so keep that in mind as well. It doesn't mean he's not working on your case behind the scenes, though. 

@luv2skyski,

Thank you for your patience while dealing with this issue. Please look out for a private message from me detailing how your tokens will be applied and accounted for, now that I was able to confirm they did not get applied properly. 

-Damian