Hughesnet Community

3000w modem/router - bridge mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suggez

3000w modem/router - bridge mode

Well new to this system.  But started adding more routers to their router, I am having problem as I found out that the router they gave me is in bridge mode.  So I have no primary router to handle other routers to keep my cameras, games and tv systems on track. 

So called, sorry but that is how we set it up.  No that's not what I want I am the customer paying for it.  It should be smooth transition. 

Also it comes double Nat - meaning the IP's will collide.  I have a large house and 2 acres with a 5 car garage which has a system set up out there with tv and stereo with cameras.  I need to watch for my husband as he is 3/4 blind, cant hear and has a very bad back.  He fell once crack 8 ribs. So I need my cameras.

Anyway, last words from them "well your having problems because you are not using our hughesnet equipment, so it does not work your way to bad."  I am going to experiment moving cables around, and if that dont work well then on to some other company an see if they lie as well as this company.  It seems no one knows really how this works.

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"Also it comes double Nat"

Yes, and you can't change that. 

This site is for tech and account issues. Are you looking for help with a tech or an account issue? If so, please state the issue you need help with.

This is not a review site; for reviews, you will need to go elsewhere on the Web.

Seems the system may not be what you need. You can cancel any time; just be aware you will have to pay an early cancellation fee. It's $400 if you cancel within the first 3 months after installation, and after that, it goes down $15 per month. 

MarkJFine
Professor

The double-NAT is part of how satellite internet routing works at both the satellite and the ground stations. Nothing can be done about that, but it will mean that you will not be able to use some camera services that require a reachable user-IP instead of a server-in-the-middle. As for using your own routers, you should have no problem attaching one (or more) via ethernet cable, however the mesh nodes that HughesNet provides work real well for expanding your coverage.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.