A HN Suggestion...then my Rant

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pete_Vit
Senior

A HN Suggestion...then my Rant

I've been working I.T. now since 1977, most places I've worked provided the customer or employee's a portal to provide general information, downtimes, outages...etc, I think HN could reduce service calls and queries if they could provide outage information on the hughenet home page, I say that because this morning I could not get to my email, I checked the router/modem, my other sites, but email I received a connection reset. after trying a couple hours I contacted CS via chat, here comes the rant, my query once connected and got ---

"Hi Thank you for contacting Hughesnet, my name is Rey Santibanez", I asked if email was down, the CS rep said he/she could help, at the time I was on a very important call with work and logged on to work, suddently my call when silent and all my conenctions were lost, looking at my modem, it was rebooting!!! WTH!!! who does that?? 

really who?

Carmen Vitullo
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Pete,

Thank you for taking the time to share, I'm sorry for the frustration. I totally agree, I like your idea. I'll go ahead and send this suggestion to the appropriate department, thank you for your feedback.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Pete_Vit
Senior

I suppose no one from Hughesnet cares, or will offer an appology? 

I understand HN cannot do anything about what's happened in the past, I still belive outage or Service alerts on https://myhughesnet.hughesnet.com/ could help your customer service folks no having to respond to questions about an outage. 

Carmen Vitullo
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Was there an actual outage, Carmen? They normally let people know about widespread outages, but local ones they don't mention. 

Hi Pete,

Thank you for taking the time to share, I'm sorry for the frustration. I totally agree, I like your idea. I'll go ahead and send this suggestion to the appropriate department, thank you for your feedback.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

@Liz wrote:

Hi Pete,

-Liz

Thank you Liz, I belive outage alerts, local or widespread can help reduce CS calls, emails, chats. as long as the hughesnet main page is not affceted 🙂  

Carmen Vitullo
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Agreed, it would reduce calls and chats, for sure.

@maratsade wrote:

Was there an actual outage, Carmen? They normally let people know about widespread outages, but local ones they don't mention. 

when I was finally reconnected and contacted support again, a different CS person, I asked the same question "is there an issue with email or the SSO server?" and then immediatly said 'please do not reboot my modem', that CS person said there was an issue with getting connected to email services.

Carmen Vitullo