Aggravated

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swerleinc
New Poster

Aggravated

How the **bleep** does HughesNet expect my family to use speeds under 1Mbs? Bullsh….! Called corporate, was told I would be immediately contacted either by email or phone. Nothing. Customer service people don’t know how to fix any issues. All they do is try to sell you high speed data. What are we supposed to do? Even with high speed data we are receiving less than 70 Mbs. Something isn’t right. HughesNet sucks. Fix my **bleep** problem instead of adding high speed data coins. I’m ready to take a ball bat to this router and tell HughesNet to shove it!

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

This is a tech and account support site, not a site to review the service. If you want to review the service or vent about your frustrations with it, please use one of the many social media sites out there.  

If you'd like to work with the Hughesnet corporate reps on this site, please provide more context to the issue you're experiencing. Do you have any error messages? Is the speed low at all times, or at specific times? Are you in FAP? 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

You may be aggravated, but you should probably read the Subscriber Agreement. It is clearly stated that "All service plan speeds are “up to” and are not guaranteed." All advertisements also use the words "Up to" in their speed descriptions. It's also not HughesNet's fault if you use up all your data and your service is then throttled, being subject to the Fair Access Policy, which is also clearly stated in that Subscriber Agreement and is further explained here

You have four options...

1. Continue on as is

2. Learn to prioritize your data usage so that you use less

3. Buy data tokens so that when you exhaust your plan data the service won't immediately go into FAP

4. Terminate your service (how long you've had it determines what the Early Termination Fee will be)