App still won’t work

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fordgirl01
New Poster

App still won’t work

I set up email as Liz suggested from my previous post and I still get the same message when I try to log in to the app: This account is not allowed to log in.
Has anyone actually been able to use the app??
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Liz

Good morning Fordgirl01,

Thank you for your screenshots and additional details you've PM'd me. After discussing with our devs and reviewing your account, I've learned that currently the HughesNet mobile app is being planned for future use by New York Broadband customers like yourself, this explains the current situation. 

In the meantime, you can still perform online functions with your HughesNet account via http://my.hughesnet.com/

Once the mobile app has been updated to support NY broadband customers, we'll have announcements about it.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

Good morning folks,

Thanks for reaching out. As mentioned previously in this thread, this is not a bug; New York Broadband customers can only perform online functions with their HughesNet accounts via http://my.hughesnet.com/

Currently the HughesNet mobile app is being planned for future use by New York Broadband customers like yourself. Once the mobile app has been updated to support NY broadband customers, we'll have announcements about it.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Fordgirl01 wrote:
I set up email as Liz suggested from my previous post and I still get the same message when I try to log in to the app: This account is not allowed to log in.
Has anyone actually been able to use the app??

Lots of people.  

Unfortunately, with it being Friday, you'll likely not hear anything back from Liz or another rep until at least Monday, as they aren't on during the weekends.  

In the meantime, others experienced with the iPhone version of the app may have some suggestions.

Fordgirl01
New Poster

Tuesday now and still no reply. I would really like to be able to use the app. I have never been able to log in no matter what I do. I get the message: this account is not allowed to log in-please call for assistance. I’m not a fan of spending hours on the phone waiting for assistance.

Also I constantly (every day and even several times a day-Netflix I never have to log into again) have to log back into HULU-annoying. It takes several tries to get it to come up. I get a variety of unable to log in, sorry we are having trouble at this time, etc. It always comes on eventually, but it’s a real challenge. At the price of this service, I was hoping it would be less troublesome. I’m used to cable at half the price and great performance (there is no comparison). Unfortunately at my new home, Hughesnet is my only internet option so I have to muddle through.
maratsade

It often takes time to get a reply.  @Liz 

"I get a variety of unable to log in, sorry we are having trouble at this time, etc."

Sounds like a Hulu-related issue.

Hulu NEVER did this on cable internet.
maratsade

Yes, you will find that some sites don't like congestion or high latency, but that's an issue with the site, not with the ISP. 

Fordgirl01 wrote:
Hulu NEVER did this on cable internet.

So the congestion and latency on HughesNet is HULU’s fault? That doesn’t make much sense, but whatever. I’ll have to live with it as I have no other choice.
maratsade

No, that's not it.  Many sites have measures in place to deal with congestion and traffic and work fine with satellite internet. Others don't.  Hulu may not have these measures, and only they can set them up.

Fordgirl01 wrote:
So the congestion and latency on HughesNet is HULU’s fault? 

Good morning Fordgirl01,

Not sure where you e-mailed the screenshot, please private message it to me by clicking this link and attaching the screenshot to that message.

-Liz

Its been 6 months now and I get this same msg. when trying to sign on to the HN app. has this been fixed yet for NY?

maratsade

n/c

I guess not-I just tried the app again. I sure with they’d figure it out.
maratsade

Often figuring out what may be wrong can take a long time, unfortunately. 😕

Fordgirl01 wrote:
I guess not-I just tried the app again. I sure with they’d figure it out.

Good morning folks,

Thanks for reaching out. As mentioned previously in this thread, this is not a bug; New York Broadband customers can only perform online functions with their HughesNet accounts via http://my.hughesnet.com/

Currently the HughesNet mobile app is being planned for future use by New York Broadband customers like yourself. Once the mobile app has been updated to support NY broadband customers, we'll have announcements about it.

-Liz

Good morning Fordgirl01,

Thanks for getting back with this update. Please PM me a screenshot of this error from the app's login screen. I pulled up your account and I do see that you now have e-mail enabled, so I would think that the app would let you log in.

You're using your Fordgirl01 username to login on this screen?

-Liz

Yes, that is the username I am using. I replied to you (email) with the screenshot.
Liz

Good morning Fordgirl01,

Thank you for your screenshots and additional details you've PM'd me. After discussing with our devs and reviewing your account, I've learned that currently the HughesNet mobile app is being planned for future use by New York Broadband customers like yourself, this explains the current situation. 

In the meantime, you can still perform online functions with your HughesNet account via http://my.hughesnet.com/

Once the mobile app has been updated to support NY broadband customers, we'll have announcements about it.

-Liz

It seems like an account should be an account, but thank you for spending the time finding an answer for me. I will be looking forward to being able to use the app in the future.

I totally agree! Looking forward to this as well. Have a great rest of your week!

-Liz