Big data loss today

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
udanwudeligv
Junior

Big data loss today

This morning I got online early-6am and downloaded a bunch of stuff. It was all done before 8am.
After 8am I checked my remaining daytime GB (I believe it was 14.1) and also noticed that I was out of bonus bytes and went on to normal things. But was researching on line a good bit of the day-lots of photos etc.
This evening I see that my daytime data is at 10GB which means I show usage (on the system control center) of something like 4.1 GB just today!!
Although if I check the HOURLY usage, it only shows about 1.08 GB total used.

We always keep other devices off and they don't auto-download, nothing was downloading in the background and the hourly should show all users and all devices. So the only thing I can think of is:

DID I RUN OUT OF BONUS BYTES AND HN TOOK IT OUT OF MY DATIME DATA? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

If you run out of Bonus data during Bonus time while using it the data will then be drawn from Anytime data if you still have it remaining. It is just as important to monitor Bonus data remaining when using it for this reason. Downloads do not suddenly reduce in speed or stop when out of Bonus bytes as if being in FAP but instead start drawing from Anytime bytes available.

How much Bonus data did you have and did you download more than what was available?

View solution in original post

Oh well that explains it then.
I wish they wouldn't do that-I would rather have them cut it off... or warn me. I would not have downloaded if I'd known that. And I didn't check to see where my BB were but definitely didn't think I was almost out. I found a newer program to download stuff and it's a lot faster so I think I was downloading more than I realized.  I rarely actually run out of BB.
I will definitely be paying closer attention next time.
Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

If you run out of Bonus data during Bonus time while using it the data will then be drawn from Anytime data if you still have it remaining. It is just as important to monitor Bonus data remaining when using it for this reason. Downloads do not suddenly reduce in speed or stop when out of Bonus bytes as if being in FAP but instead start drawing from Anytime bytes available.

How much Bonus data did you have and did you download more than what was available?

Oh well that explains it then.
I wish they wouldn't do that-I would rather have them cut it off... or warn me. I would not have downloaded if I'd known that. And I didn't check to see where my BB were but definitely didn't think I was almost out. I found a newer program to download stuff and it's a lot faster so I think I was downloading more than I realized.  I rarely actually run out of BB.
I will definitely be paying closer attention next time.
Thanks!