Hughesnet Community

Can't connect to the Call of Duty data center

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kd0afk

Can't connect to the Call of Duty data center

I switched internet providers from a dial up service to Hughes Net and now I cannot play call of duty. I'm getting kicked because I can't connect with the call of duty data center. My internet connection is fine, I can surf everywhere and even connect to the call of duty servers but I can't shake hands with the data center to play the game. Something in the Hughes Net system is firewalling me from making that one connection. I could play with my old fused dial up connection but now I can't and the problem started with the install because just before the install I was playing a match on the old service. Can someone please help me solve this. If I can't I have no choice but to go back to the old provider.

Untitled.png

8 REPLIES 8
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Being that this is a 3rd party application, you  may not be able to get answers from Hughesnet.  You may want to ask on a Call of Duty community. 

Not sure if this will help, but you could try the solutions outlined here and see if any of that works for your case: https://support.activision.com/modern-warfare-ii/articles/connecting-to-modern-warfare-ii

GabeU

I'm not familiar with Call of Duty, but if it's an online game you're trying to play it may be related to the latency, which is far too high to play real time, online games.

If it's just a connection to verify the game or something like that, but not actually play online, then hopefully one of the reps will be able to help you figure out what's wrong. 

Just want to add: If you plan on using just satellite internet for real-time gaming it's going to be a real problem. There is a 500ms minimum latency involved and your player would be dead on the ground before you even knew it happened.

That said, if you have a fairly good mobile telephone signal, you can inquire about getting a HughesNet Fusion plan. Fusion augments the standard satellite comms with LTE wireless and uses that for things like real-time gaming amongst other things. I've used it for PvP type things and it works great. It's also great for logging into a remote server via ssh and being able to see the echo of what you're typing in a terminal with no delays... things like that.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

They wrote "and now I cannot play call of duty."  Seems it was working with dial-up???

I suspect it's the lag preventing the server connection, as Gabe said. It's a similar issue with 360 Live.

Fusion would fix it. I have no problems connecting to 360 Live with Fusion. Even the connection test works now. I can even play PvP in Pokemon Go (and even win some battles) with Fusion.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

I agree with you regarding the lag, @MarkJFine; I just thought OP's wording was peculiar.  There is no way they can play Call of Duty on dial-up. 

Icedakid55

I am now experiencing the same thing even switched over to the elite plan which is the one with fiber optic and everything else works I can stream and even download updates and it lets me log into CoD but as soon as I try to load up a match it tells me it can not connect to the data center and the relay is disconnected and when I spoke to the Hughesnet rep about switching over plans he told me CoD, Fortnite, Apex would all have no problem running 

GabeU

The Elite Plan isn't fiber optic. It's still a geostationary satellite connection, which means though your overall speed may be better, you're still going to be experiencing high latency, in the 600ms range. It's far too high for real time online gaming, and the gaming server may very well be detecting that high latency and, more or less, is telling you no because of it. 

https://www.hughesnet.com/frequently-asked-questions - tick the Gaming category on the left