Hughesnet Community

Cannot connect to Internet I’m unable to access system from the 192.168.42.1 dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jbailey2k5
New Poster

Cannot connect to Internet I’m unable to access system from the 192.168.42.1 dashboard

I currently do not have any connection lights on my ht2000w router besides the lan light. I have tried to reset it by unplugging and hard reset on the back of the router neither have worked.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the help usually when I click satellite from the Wi-Fi browser it works I was able to get in and see that set my network was down due to no satellite connection. After checking all connections at the satellite and the grounding splice and rebooting the modem the system is back up thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Jbailey2k5 

First and foremost, please do not reset the modem (use the reset button) unless instructed to by a HughesNet rep, and then only do so in the manner instructed.  Resetting the modem incorrectly or under the wrong circumstances can cause more harm than good.  This is why the button is hidden.  

It's possibly a weather related issue at your gateway.  If this is the case, it will likely return to normal soon.  

If it doesn't, it's likely that the reps will have to help you.  They are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They normally reply within a day, but due to the increase in support requests because of the pandemic, it can take them a little longer.  

@Liz @Damian 

Edit:  Damian is sometimes on in the evenings as of late, so you may still get a reply this evening.

MarkJFine
Professor

192.168.42.1 is for wifi administration.

If you're looking for the modem it's at 192.168.0.1.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Thanks for the help usually when I click satellite from the Wi-Fi browser it works I was able to get in and see that set my network was down due to no satellite connection. After checking all connections at the satellite and the grounding splice and rebooting the modem the system is back up thank you for your help.

You're welcome.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.