Constant buffering on Youtube

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rustythecur
Junior

Constant buffering on Youtube

For the last 2 weeks I have had a hard time when trying to watch a Youtube video. Some buffering before 8 am, which has never occurred before. At night the problem is much worse. Sometimes the video stops loading half way thru and will not restart.

What is strange is that my speeds as tested on testmy are excellent. In the past when I have experienced the problem of buffering my speeds have been below 1.5 mb, sometime below 1 mb. This time my speeds have been above 5 mb and sometimes above 15 mb. This problem of buffering has been occurring every night all night. Video Optimization has been turned off. Also I still have over half my data left for this month.

Video performance on other websites has not been affected. Last night I spent 45 minutes trying to watch a 15 minute video on Youtube at 480p. I gave up when it was only 2/3 finished. I then went to This Old House website and watched two 23 minute videos at 720p with no buffering.

Any one have in thoughts on the cause of my problem?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for this information, I'm sending you a replacement HT2000w, it should arrive in the next few days. Please let me know if you're still having intermittent connectivity with your wifi network.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

A correction when I try and connect to the SCC I get this message

"Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.0.1.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

I then switched to the NetGear modem and went to the SCC page and checked the System Status and saw the following state code,

"State Code    14.1.1 -- No devices connected"     this was followed with a red x

Also at the top of the page was "Diagnostic Code 0000-0000-0000-0049

Another correction while I could not connect to the internet all the lights were on but none were flashing on the HughesNet Modem

Thank you for this information, I'm sending you a replacement HT2000w, it should arrive in the next few days. Please let me know if you're still having intermittent connectivity with your wifi network.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thank you Liz I really appreciate your efforts to help me. I am sure this will solve my problem. After the modem arrives if everything works as expected I will hit the accept as solution button below your post.

Thanks again.

bitbyte
New Poster

Computer specs

Original Install Date: 10/7/2018, 12:06:40 PM
System Boot Time: 12/18/2018, 9:17:39 PM
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: XPS 15 9560
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2801 Mhz
BIOS Version: Dell Inc. 1.12.1, 10/2/2018
Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS
System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
System Locale: en-us;English (United States)
Input Locale: en-us;English (United States)
Time Zone: (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Total Physical Memory: 32,585 MB
Available Physical Memory: 26,014 MB
Virtual Memory: Max Size: 37,449 MB
Virtual Memory: Available: 28,525 MB
Virtual Memory: In Use: 8,924 MB

Same issue as above I also turned on clean page file on shutdown no help I use you tube for my church work and it's impossible. I have no packet loss and I am at at 352 me delay.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@bitbyte

To get help with your issue, please start a new topic, which you can do here.  This will keep your issue separate so that you can get individualized help.