cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage goes like wildfire

Freshman

Re: Data usage goes like wildfire

Thank you. I'll do the test tonight then. So I just come back to this post after I complete it?
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@Morgan36701 wrote:
Thank you. I'll do the test tonight then. So I just come back to this post after I complete it?

Yep.  Just reply with the times of disconnecting your devices or shutting them down and reconnecting or turning them back on.  That way they can look to see if any data was used or disappeared in between those two times.  Just, again, make absolutely sure that nothing can connect to the service in between those two times.  I'd unplug that XBox just to be safe.  Smiley Happy  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

Done it from 10:55pm to 7am last night. Turned off wifi part and nothing was connected.

Thank you! I am collecting data now to take a look. I appreciate you completing the test for us. Also thank you to Gabe for lending a hand here!

Amanda

Hello

I've taken an overview assessment of the data and there does not appear to be any data used during that time frame. I think it is worth while to connect only a device or two back to the network and see if that helps to narrow it down. 

If you want to be 100% sure about the devices actually being detected on the HughesNet modem you can view the connected devices by going to

192.168.0.1 > WiFi Settings > Login ---- scroll down to "status" and click on "devices". All connected MAC addresses will be listed there.

~Amanda

Freshman

Thank you. Also has the 3 free gb been added yet from the outage?