system. This decision was based on the list's automatic error monitoring
policy and has not been reviewed or otherwise confirmed by a person. If
you receive this message, then it means that something is wrong. While
you are obviously able to receive mail, your mail system has been
regularly reporting that your account did not exist or that you were
otherwise permanently unable to receive mail. Here is some information
that may assist you in determining the cause of the problem:

- The failing address is

- The first error was reported on 2021-04-19.

- Since then, a total of 3 delivery errors have been received.

- The last reported error was: 5.7.1 554 5.7.1 Message has been rejected
due to suspected spam content.

Please do not ignore this message. While you can re-subscribe to the
list, it is important for you to report this problem to your mail
administrator so that it can be solved. This problem is not specific to
the MXG-L list and may also affect your private mail. Anyone trying to
write to you during the same time frame might have received the same
errors for the same reason.

I've never marked any of these emails as spam, what's going on ?

Carmen Vitullo
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning Carmen, 

The e-mail admins found what was sending your listserv red flags and removed it, so you should be able to rejoin and receive their e-mails again. Thanks again for reaching out so we could address your concerns.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I don't think this has anything to do with you marking  emails as spam or not. It's a delivery error. The reps here may have to investigate to see what's going on. 

@maratsade wrote:

I don't think this has anything to do with you marking  emails as spam or not. It's a delivery error. The reps here may have to investigate to see what's going on. 

ok, thanks I'll hang out and wait for tech support to check why

Carmen Vitullo
Liz

Good morning Pete_Vit,

Thanks for posting and providing those details, that helps! I've already escalated your case up to our email admins. The error message "5.7.1 554 5.7.1 Message has been rejected due to suspected spam content" means your email address was flagged for possibly sending spammy content. That's not the case, right? No mass spamming of unsolicited emails asking for personal information, things like that? 🙂

I'll post back once I have any updates from the email admins for you. Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

@Liz wrote:

Good morning Pete_Vit,

Thanks for posting and providing those details, that helps! I've already escalated your case up to our email admins. The error message "5.7.1 554 5.7.1 Message has been rejected due to suspected spam content" means your email address was flagged for possibly sending spammy content. That's not the case, right? No mass spamming of unsolicited emails asking for personal information, things like that? 🙂

I'll post back once I have any updates from the email admins for you. Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

Thank you Liz, no this is not spam, it comes from a listserver like an old time newsgroup :), the listserver, like the IBMLIST is one of many groups I subscribe to, they send a probe email weekly IIRC to make sure the email is still valid.

Carmen Vitullo

Gotcha! The question is more about what your HughesNet's email address is sending, not what the listserv is sending.

-Liz

Hi Pete_Vit,

Just another confirmation needed:  

You can still send email, yes/no?

You can still receive email, yes/no?

-Liz

@Liz wrote:

Hi Pete_Vit,

Just another confirmation needed:  

You can still send email, yes/no?

You can still receive email, yes/no?

-Liz
Hi Liz, the web client is working normally, I can send and receive, Thiunderbird was always getting mail and is spurratic with my ability to send mail. Sending mail just started working last week, this AM I was able to send acouple of emails, then I tried sending another and the pop-up told me I could not logon sucessfully using my account cvitullo to the smtp server, then just as sudden, it started working again 😞 

gotta love it

Carmen Vitullo
Liz

Hi Pete_Vit,

Can you please PM me the sender's email or domain?

When you said the first error was reported on 2021-04-19, that was the first time you got that message from the listserv saying you were removed due to error 5.7.1?

And you just noticed this yesterday? The message you posted has a timestamp of Tue, 22 Jun 2021 00:00:28, but it was actually delivered to your mailbox yesterday?

I'm trying to get some timeframes to help the admins narrow down their search in the logs. If we can pinpoint when you were first flagged by the listserve that can help.

-Liz

Thanks Carmen, I got your PM with the listserv email. I still need to know the timeframe for when this happened.

That email from the listserv says the first error was reported on 2021-04-19, was that the first time you got that message from the listserv saying you were removed due to error 5.7.1?

And you just noticed this last Thursday? The message you posted has a timestamp of Tue, 22 Jun 2021 00:00:28, but it was actually delivered to your mailbox last week? I'm a bit confused by the discrepancy.

I'm trying to get a timeframe to help the admins narrow down their search in the logs. If we can pinpoint when you were first flagged by the listserv that can help.

Thanks,

Liz

@Liz wrote:

Thanks Carmen, I got your PM with the listserv email. I still need to know the timeframe for when this happened.

That email from the listserv says the first error was reported on 2021-04-19, was that the first time you got that message from the listserv saying you were removed due to error 5.7.1?

And you just noticed this last Thursday? The message you posted has a timestamp of Tue, 22 Jun 2021 00:00:28, but it was actually delivered to your mailbox last week? I'm a bit confused by the discrepancy.

I'm trying to get a timeframe to help the admins narrow down their search in the logs. If we can pinpoint when you were first flagged by the listserv that can help.

Thanks,

Liz

thanks Liz, this is the first time I recall getting an email that I was being removed. I have had to re subscrible multiple times over the years due to being removed, this is the first time I recall receiving a message saying I was removed, I know it's confusing , but apparently I get removed due to the probe without notice, this time I was notified. 

Carmen Vitullo

Interesting, ok thank you!

-Liz

Good morning Carmen, 

The e-mail admins found what was sending your listserv red flags and removed it, so you should be able to rejoin and receive their e-mails again. Thanks again for reaching out so we could address your concerns.

-Liz

Great, thanks so much TS and Liz for all your help

Carmen Vitullo

You're very welcome, Carmen. Please don't hesitate to come back to the community if you need anything else!

-Liz