cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mk2
Sophomore

Fusion System Multipath Device Problems

Hello and Happy New Year to all!

We have the Fusion 100 GB plan. Recently, the 2 middle lights on the Multipath Device start to flash quickly. This happens maybe every 10 or 15 minutes. The top light which indicates power, and the bottom light which indicates Satellite Modem connection stay solid. But the two middle lights showing system and signal begin to blink. Our internet activity becomes unresponsive. After a couple minutes, the signal light becomes solid, and then the system light becomes solid again. The internet comes back a few seconds later. 

Anybody have any ideas? Prior to this issue, we have been very happy with Fusion. We have had it for about 3 or 4 months. It was working great. We have not moved anything, or made any changes as far as we know. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

Closing this thread. Never able to get Fusion working again at our place. We switched plans and systems to the new Jupiter bird and the Elite plan.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mk2
Sophomore

Hello folks,

It's me again, updating my previous post. After a week with no responses on this site, I contacted HughesNet support. Eventually, I was escalated to level 2 Tech support. The support person there was not really familiar with this problem of the Multipath WL3000 losing the system and wireless signals repeatedly. However, she did seem knowledgeable with the WL3000 overall. In fact, the device lights started blinking while we were talking. She said that as far as she could tell from her side, everything with our system was working fine. However, I had no internet until they stopped blinking. She had me unplug power from both the WL3000 as well as the HT2000W modem. After a few seconds, she had me plug them both back in. After about 5 to 7 minutes, they were both up and running again. She said if the problem repeated itself, they would need to send me a new WL3000. Unfortunately, the issue persists. The two lights on the Multipath device start blinking as if they are re-establishing themselves. We have no internet available until they burn solid again. This happens every few minutes, even when no one is using any online device in the house. I just wanted to share this with this forum. She told me that Hughes has thousands of Fusion systems in use with the WL3000, with no issue like this as far as she knew. Take care.

@mk2,

Thank you for posting and I am sorry to hear this. Since you were already told you would be given a replacement if it happened again, I recommend calling support to have a new one sent out to you. The rep was right that this is def a rare issue but hopefully it will be resolved by having a replacement. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.   -Damian 

Hello Damian,  

Thank you for your response. I will contact Level 2 Tech Support and request a new WL3000. I will post an update once I have one. Hopefully we can close this thread at that time. 

Hello everyone,

Here is the update I promised. Not good news. Our new Multipath adapter arrived and I hooked it up as per the included directions. It could not get past 1% of the activation sequences. It kept saying I needed to check the connections. Eventually it said to contact Tech Support again. Tech Support could not help remotely, and they sent a repairman out. He worked on it for over an hour, with the installer support team from Hughes on the phone. The Hughes support team finally said that the wireless carrier in our area must be having signal problems and that Fusion would not work for us. They recommended we contact Hughes and get Fusion removed from our account. Fusion did work for months here, so maybe something happened to the wireless carrier tower recently. I have left the Multipath device plugged in and on, hoping that it picks up a signal and starts working like it did before. Of course, I will eventually call and get Fusion off our bill. The repairman/installer suggested we cancel Fusion and ask Hughes to change us to Jupiter 3 plans. He said that the new Jupiter 3 service is great and would be a quick and easy install for us. Does anybody have any response to this idea? Any Jupiter 3 users out there yet? Thanks. 

Hello,

Closing this thread. Never able to get Fusion working again at our place. We switched plans and systems to the new Jupiter bird and the Elite plan.