GEN-5 Video Data Saver

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rustythecur
Junior

GEN-5 Video Data Saver

I just upgraded from Gen.4 to Gen.5. My internet speeds are now faster than Gen.4. However video will only play at 360p without constant buffering. Previously with Gen.4 I ran videos at 720p and never went over my data for the month. I need to change the Video Data Saver settings, however the slot on my Usage Meter that is suposed to allow me to do this is empty. My usage meter is version 6.6. Also "My Account" does not have a place for settings in its task bar. I note from reading other posts in the community forom that others have had this problem. I do not know how it was solved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Liz,

It works like it should now. Thank you for the help.

Tom

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Liz

Good morning rustythecur,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, we definitely want to get this addressed for you so I sent your account information to our engineers to double check on some settings. In the meantime, can you please completely exit the Usage Meter (right click on the Usage Meter icon in the system tray in the bottom right corner of your desktop and click exit) and re-open to check if the Video Data Saver settings are there now?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi again rustythecur,

I got a quick turnaround from the engineers, they've confirmed that your account is properly set up for Video Data Saver. We have some troubleshooting steps for you to address both issues where the VDS option is missing in the Usage Meter and the Support Center.

Usage Meter:

-Directly connect your computer into the HT2000w modem

-Right-click the Usage Meter Icon and click “About.”

-Verify that the SAN that shows up on that pop-up is your SAN ending in 201

-If the SAN in the pop-up matches your 201 SAN, try the VDS menu again, it should be available to you now

Support Center:

-Click on My Account in the top right corner

-Verify that your displayed SAN is the one ending in 201

-If your original 489 SAN is displayed instead, please log into the Support Center with an e-mail address associated with your 201 SAN

What seems to be happening is the Usage Meter and Support Center recognizes you under your original Gen 4 SAN. As long as you access the Usage Meter and Support Center under your new SAN, the Video Data Saver option should appear to you.

Please let me know how it goes and if you have any questions. Looking forward to hearing back.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Liz,

Thank you for your reply. My San ends in 201. I connected directly to the modem and no change.

Also I have noticed that my usage meter is incorrect. That is it only shows my current activity. I have been using my new account since Saturday. When I got up this morning my usage meter said I had used no data. I was using my computer at 5am. As I was using it showed I was using Bonus Zone Data. My Service Plan showed no data used even though I have been using data since Saturday. At 8am My Bonus Zone said 0 data used. Just what I have used since 8am is showing up on my Service Plan.

Thank you again for your help
                                                                                             Tom

Thank you Corrosive I did not know that.

Hi Tom,

Your case has been escalated internally to address your Video Data Saver concerns. Once I have any updates to share with you, I'll post back. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thank you Liz I appreciate your efforts to help me.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thank you again for your patience, our engineers have identified the cause of the Video Data Saver setting not appearing, so they are shooting for applying a fix at the end of this week. I'll check with them Friday for confirmation on the roll out. 

Hi Tom,

I got word that additional testing needs to be done before rolling out this fix, so the rollout is slated for Monday night. Please let me know on Tuesday whether you see the Video Data Saver setting. 

Looking forward to hearing back.

Hi Liz,

I will let you know on Tuesday when I see a change.

Tom

Great, thanks Tom. Enjoy the weekend!

Hi Liz,

It works like it should now. Thank you for the help.

Tom

Awesome, thanks Tom!