cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mk2
Sophomore

Gen 5 Upgrade Modem Requirement

Hello,

We have been with Direcway/Hughes since 2007. We were on Gen 4, with a 50 GB plan. Yesterday, (04/06) we discussed upgrading to Gen 5, eventually maybe even Fusion with a Hughes Rep. She was great and helpful. She upgraded our plan, and indicated we would receive a new modem which we needed to hook up. We would then be on Gen 5, 100GB. We did not need to do anything to our dish. The new modem arrived in less than 24 hours. It is a HT2000W. We already had and were on a HT2000W. When I look into our system information, it shows us already on the new plan. I assume we are already on Gen 5 but do not know how to verify this. I hate to waste the new modem we received. I would like to return it. Am I missing something? We are on Echostar-17-NAD, Gateway 2, Beam 14, Out route 42. Thank you all. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Good morning mk2,

Thank you for reaching out, happy to see you upgraded to Gen 5! I ran diagnostics on your site just to be sure your current system setup is working normally and it is so you're OK to return the modem you just received. There should be a return label in the outer pouch of the box of that modem so you can ship it back. 

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Liz

Good morning mk2,

Thank you for reaching out, happy to see you upgraded to Gen 5! I ran diagnostics on your site just to be sure your current system setup is working normally and it is so you're OK to return the modem you just received. There should be a return label in the outer pouch of the box of that modem so you can ship it back. 

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!