Hey, im on throttle except for my Bonus Zone(currently 11GB). Im getting speeds as low as 13kB/s according to TestMy. I havent done a battery of tests yet though. But ive noticed that on the System Status page it says that Web Acceleration is not supported, and nothing happens if I click Reset MBX or disable Web Acceleration under the Advanced options.
Im barely able to get Facebook to load, and it took about 15 minutes for me to get to the message page here. Im going to assume that this is similar to last time(a few months ago) that this is to do with me being on throttle, and that there is still severe overload on my beam, and of course, there has been devastating natural disasters recently that may play some part in this. But I wanted to bring it up for the engineers to note, and that there is this new Web Acceleration issue
Here is my link, im going to begin a battery of tests now. I just realized that I did the tests without being signed in, so that the earlier ones arent saved. But I was averaging speeds of 25kB/s with a couple being a slow as 13kB/s, downloading a manual download of 1MB
Solved! Go to Solution.
Regarding WAS, “Web Acceleration Not Supported” is a normal condition. Hughes continuously updates configuration and technology to maximize user performance. Web Acceleration technology developed by Hughes accelerates non-secure (HTTP) web browsing by pre-fetching certain content, minimizing the impact of the round-trip delay over the satellite. However, the vast majority of web content is now secure (HTTPS), so Web Acceleration has no benefit for most web browsing. Hughes is turning down the Web Acceleration components in certain areas to evaluate the performance impact, if any, as part of our normal network maintenance and optimization.
Also, reduced speeds under the Fair Access Policy can fluctuate as much as when not subject to the policy, so we can't guarantee any sort of range under that circumstance.
Gen 5, according to my system information its using the Echostar-19-NAD. Ive never seen it do this before, it just has a no symbol next to it, along with not supported
Edit: Im at 9.9GB of Bonus Zone Data left, and my speeds have increased based on my last test, but since I had a similar problem before, gotta bring it up, AND this new web acceleration one is utterly abnormal
Edit 2: As of right now, even with Web Acceleration "not supported", it doesnt seem to be bothering anything on my end, and my speeds are running at what they generally are during FAP Condition, for now. When I had this issue in August it would do that for a little while(and did yesterday morning too) then it would dive into the barely above Dial Up speeds
Also, according to the diagnostics under advanced, everything next to Web Acceleration(N), DNS Acceleration(N) and DNS Acceleration(I) is check marks saying its running properly. Maybe a glitch in the system information?
Someone else just posted about their web acceleration showing "not supported." Could be a more widespread issue. @Liz or another rep will have to check from their side to see what's going on.
Beam 84. On a strange note, it looks like the very end numbers of the IPGW number on the main system status page changed, but that might just be me never paying them any mind
Edit: IN regards to my speed, its holding up great right now, but I expect the dial up speed to hit whenever other folks around me get online But wanna keep up with that, the brutality of this FAP condition alongside the "not supported" web acceleration could be correlated
Beam 68 here. I thought maybe it was a beam-related thing, but it sounds it might be everywhere. As for the last 4 numbers, they change when you reboot the modem.
Think of the last four digits as something akin to the router bank and port that you're connecting through at the ground station. That's how I look at it.