Hughesnet Community

Google drive not working - ETA on fix???

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joemarocco
New Poster

Google drive not working - ETA on fix???

Is there an ETA on fixing issues accessing Google drive? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Good morning joemarocco,

Have you seen a difference yet with Google Drive?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

They will let us know when they've found a way to fix this.  If they haven't posted anything, it means they're still working on it. 

joemarocco wrote:

Is there an ETA on fixing issues accessing Google drive? 

I'm still having issues with Drive and all Google Apps, it's dramatically impacting my ability to work. Additionally, we're unable to stream any video from our Roku TV, specifically Netflix & Amazon Prime. We still have anytime data available, so It seems to me there is some system wide throttling on certian apps.

Hi all, 

Thanks for posting. Our engineers are currently investigating.  Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

• Many of us are having issues with those sites
  • It's a known problem, HN is aware of it
  • HN is working to figure out the cause, but the cause may be external to them
  • Streaming is very difficult these days due to the pandemic crisis affecting our country,and so many people working and learning from home and straining the system to capcity
  • Things are probably not going to get better any time soon
  • The issues are much more noticeable by satellite internet users, but they are affecting everyone
  • Best thing about streaming at the moment is to avoid it

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

HjalmarCarlson wrote:

I'm still having issues with Drive and all Google Apps, it's dramatically impacting my ability to work. Additionally, we're unable to stream any video from our Roku TV, specifically Netflix & Amazon Prime. We still have anytime data available, so It seems to me there is some system wide throttling on certian apps.

Liz

Good morning joemarocco,

Have you seen a difference yet with Google Drive?

-Liz

I just checked it and it is working great! Thanks so much!

Wonderful to read, Joe. Thank you for getting back to me!

-Liz