Hughesnet Community

HT2000W, no system light, can not connect to control center.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kyguy63
New Poster

HT2000W, no system light, can not connect to control center.

I should be able to connect to the control center. A wirelessly or LAN I can not connect to the control center. I have talked to someone at Hughes net but they won't listen when I say "there is no system, transmit or receive lights on". Sounds like modem problem.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I finally talked to someone that decided to send a new modem. I have received and installed it and as is well again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@kyguy63

Have you tried power cycling the modem?  That means unplugging it, waiting at least 30 seconds, then plugging it back in, then waiting a couple of minutes and trying again.   

If you have, but you still can't connect, there's likely a problem, as you've surmised, as even if there is an alignment issue with the dish, or some other reception issue, you should still be able to connect to the System Control Center.  The reps are normally on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, though once in a while there is one on during the weekends and/or evenings.  Even though you can't connect, it would still be a good idea to leave the modem plugged in so that the reps can attempt to run remote diagnostics on it. 

Normally I wouldn't suggest this, but being that it's the weekend you may even want to try direct messaging HughesNet through their Facebook page.  I don't know if you'll have luck, but you may.  🙂  

I finally talked to someone that decided to send a new modem. I have received and installed it and as is well again.

Glad to hear it, kyguy63! Good to have you back online, thank you for letting us know. Feel free to reach out again if you have any other concerns, we're here to help.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Good morning kyguy63,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I pulled up your account so we can address your concerns, and I see you've already called in yesterday and have already gotten a replacement modem set to be shipped. Let us know how the new modem works out for you, hope you get back online soon! Feel free to drop by the community if you have any other concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!