Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HT2000W's 5Ghz radio not working.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: HT2000W's 5Ghz radio not working.

@Clint23Shannon wrote:
They say there's no difference between 5ghz & 2ghz. 

Who's "they?"  Whoever "they" are, "they" are misinformed.  There are considerable differences between the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands, but whether a user sees those differences, or can, or even needs to, take advantage of those differnces, is unique to that user.  

I, personally, won't see any difference.  I say "won't" because I don't have anything that can utilize the 5Ghz band, but even if I did I wouldn't see any difference, anyway.  My three devices get the same speed whether wired or using WiFi on the 2.4Ghz band, so 5Ghz wouldn't be of any advantage for me.  It could only be a disadvantage for me.    

Also, as others have stated, the WiFi has nothing to do with Gen4 vs Gen5.  And, again, as others have stated, you can use your old router with Gen5 and the HT2000W modem.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
bbasara1
New Poster

Hey I have the same problem so you you can remove your KUDO now. I want to use the 5ghz so I would like to get an answer on how to get it to work!!!!!!!!

maratsade

This is an old thread -- you should start your own topic and give a little more information about your issue. Just saying that your 5ghz band doesn't work isn't enough. What exactly is the problem? Can you see the band but it doesn't connect? Can you not see the band? What is it?  May want to go easy on the multiple exclamation points, too.  And why would anyone want to remove a kudo?  Post your own topic and don't worry about the kudos.

@bbasara1 wrote:

Hey I have the same problem so you you can remove your KUDO now. I want to use the 5ghz so I would like to get an answer on how to get it to work!!!!!!!!

GabeU

@bbasara1 wrote:

Hey I have the same problem so you you can remove your KUDO now. 

Um...what?

@bbasara1 wrote:

I want to use the 5ghz so I would like to get an answer on how to get it to work!!!!!!!!

Start a new topic requesting help.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro