cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden Network

Senior Instructor

Re: Hidden Network

I still want it to deliver my coffee. Breakfast Blend or Pikes Place... either one will do.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Distinguished Professor III

@MarkJFine wrote:

I still want it to deliver my coffee. Breakfast Blend or Pikes Place... either one will do.

I'm with you, there! 

And some Popeyes chicken.  Smiley Tongue

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Associate Professor
Senior Instructor

Popeyes is a bit heavy for me.

Closer in to DC there are a lot of Chilean and Peruvian chicken places and they are awesome. You haven't lived until you've had half an Andean chicken breast with fried plantain.

Not as awesome as that, Gainesville is now one of the few places in the US to have a (cheeky) Nandos.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Distinguished Professor III

Ah.  I used to live in Manassas, but moved away in early 2000.  The area wasn't quite as built up then, espcially Gainesville.  They had a few things there, but I know it's gotten MUCH bigger since then and there's a lot more to do, including the increase in types of restaurants.  

Would love to go back there one day, if nothing more than to visit.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Senior Instructor

I've been in the area since '87. It is so much different now you wouldn't believe.

Senior

No, I do not see your point.

We were not notified that there would be an update that would give us an Hidden Network. It just showed up out of nowhere, no explaination at all.

Then when discovered and questioned, nebulis answers.

Cyber security is scarey and I need to knpw exactly what Hughesnet is doing to my account. PERIOD.

Senior Instructor

When was the last time you were given notice of an update and what was in that update.

Does it help you to know that I was formerly in the cyber security buisness for a major defense contractor and I'm still telling you there's no issue?

Senior

NO

@MarkJFine wrote:

When was the last time you were given notice of an update and what was in that update.

Does it help you to know that I was formerly in the cyber security buisness for a major defense contractor and I'm still telling you there's no issue?

NO

Highlighted
Senior Instructor

So clearly the answer is "NO".

Oh well... Sorry to hear that. Can't please everyone.