Hughes Net E-Mail and Outlook for Microsoft 365

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Waynehughes
Freshman

Hughes Net E-Mail and Outlook for Microsoft 365

I am receiving the following error message when trying to send e-mails from Outlook for my hughes.net email account.  I receive e-mail fine but cannot send from Outlook or from my Android phone.

Task 'XXXXXXX@hughes.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC80) : 'None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server.'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I figured it out.  On Outgoing mail I had to check Log on using user name and password and update that password.  Seems to work now.  Port did change from 25 to 465 though.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Liz

Hi Waynehughes,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Thanks for posting the error, that helps. Have you tried this?

If the steps in the link don't make a difference, try removing and re-adding your HughesNet account in Outlook to see if that fixes things.

Here are the recommended settings:

Outbound Server: email.hughes.net

Port 587

SSL Authentication required

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

When I attempt is says there is a problem and it won't update

Using for Incomming Mail

mail.hughes.net port 110

Outgoing Mail

smtp.hughes.net port 465

box checked for Log on to incoming mail server before sending mail

I figured it out.  On Outgoing mail I had to check Log on using user name and password and update that password.  Seems to work now.  Port did change from 25 to 465 though.

Great! Thanks for sharing what you did to make it work. Yes, port 25 is the only port we block to help cut down on spam.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!