Hughesnet emails not going through to Hotmail or Gmail

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cindybrandreth
Freshman

Hughesnet emails not going through to Hotmail or Gmail

I am reposting this with a different label as I think I put the wrong label on yesterday (Oct 13)(picked performance)

HughesNet emails being rejected by Hotmail.  Error message states that part of HughesNet network is on their blocked list (s3140).  I already reported this issue via HughesNet live chat, and it has been acclerated  Unfortunately I did not realize that my emails were not going through to Gmail accounts until after the chat ended.  I sent a test email to my gmail account and it did not go through.  Nor did a test email go through to a friend with  a gmail account. 

It looks like there are MX issues, like there was previously when I first had trouble in August with my emails not going through to

Gmail.  https://mxtoolbox.com/domain/hughes.net/?source=findmonitors

This is the 3rd month in a row this issue has happened.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Liz

My emails are now going through to Hotmail accounts.  When I initially reported the problem on 10/13, I did so via Tech Live Chat.  They opened a case on it and it apparently has been resolved.  My emails to Gmail accounts are now going through too, as I just sent a test email to my other email address which is a Gmail account.  It went  through. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@cindybrandreth 

Not that it really matters, as the tags are primarily used to help someone narrow their search of topics, Performance would likely be the more appropriate tag, as this doesn't really have anything to do with data management.  A tag doesn't have any bearing on the help you'll receive.  

Hopefully you'll see a reply from a rep soon.

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-emails-are-not-going-through-to-Hotmail-or...

@Liz @Damian

Edit:  I should add that you can also Edit your topic to change a tag if you feel it's incorrect.  You can do so by clicking on the three vertical dots to the upper right of the post and clicking "Edit Message".

Liz

Good morning Cindy,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I've esclated this to our e-mail admins to address. I'll let you know once I have any news to share.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Cindy,

Our engineers are trying to replicate this, error so please send me a copy of the bounce email. You can privately message it to me to protect any personal info.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I just learned that any emails to Hotmail or Gmail that I have sent all week have not gone through.

Is thare a solution?

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

They're still working on it. 

I suggest you report your issue to HughesNet either via their Live Chat feature or by calling their technical support.  Seems to be the most direct and quickest way to get problems addressed. 

To cesv

I suggest you contact Hughesnet either through thei Live Chat feature or by calling their tech support.  Seems to be the best and most direct way to get issues addressed. 

Hi Liz

My emails are now going through to Hotmail accounts.  When I initially reported the problem on 10/13, I did so via Tech Live Chat.  They opened a case on it and it apparently has been resolved.  My emails to Gmail accounts are now going through too, as I just sent a test email to my other email address which is a Gmail account.  It went  through. 

Good morning cindybrandreth, 

Thank you for this update and sharing how you got this resolved! Glad to see this. Please don't hesitate to drop by the community if you have other concerns.

-Liz