Hughesnet meter error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Hughesnet meter error

When trying to open the usage meter (latest version), I get the following error:

usage_meter_error.PNG

I uninstalled the meter and reinstalled it and get the same error.  Java is updated to the latest version.

Has anyone seen this error, or does anyone know what it means?

I'm running Windows 10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade

Never mind; I found the solution here.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
maratsade

Never mind; I found the solution here.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

maratsade

No, it was to delete the HN meter folders from Apps/Roaming.  As soon as I did that, I reinstalled the meter and it worked.  I wonder what happened to break it, though.  It was just fine until last night, and was broken this morning.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Really, you only have to delete that specific file mentioned in the error...  Deleting that file usually means you don't have to reinstall the member, it will regenerate the file typically.

I would also delete the cache file: "Local Storage/file__0.localstorage" and let it regenerate too, if you can find it in the Windows hierarchy. If the settings file is corrupted, chances are it's also corrupted.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

@MarkJFine wrote:

I would also delete the cache file: "Local Storage/file__0.localstorage" and let it regenerate too, if you can find it in the Windows hierarchy. If the settings file is corrupted, chances are it's also corrupted.

I'm not finding it.... The meter is working fine now, though.

maratsade

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

Really, you only have to delete that specific file mentioned in the error...  Deleting that file usually means you don't have to reinstall the member, it will regenerate the file typically.

I had already uninstalled the meter, though.  I was going to reinstall it when I found the other thread, so I tried the deletion and then I reinstalled.

Problem is that uninstalls typically leave things behind, like settings files and registry clutter.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.