I keep losing connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cherylaoife
Sophomore

I keep losing connection

UPDATE 02/13/2020:  Finally got a tech to pay a visit late yesterday. Not only was the dish out of alignment but the modem and power pack had to be replaced. So it was a combo of the 2. And I now my system is a little bit faster that it was before the issues cropped up last week, even while out of data!

Thanks to everyone who responded and helped me maintain what little sanity I had left.

Internet quality & connectivity severely degraded today. I keep losing connection. There is no obstruction or weather event. The connections are all good. The lights are flashing and then go dark. Then they come back on, flashing - even the power button flashes. I work from home building and maintaining websites and the inability to connect and stay connected to the internet is unacceptable. What is going on? Is there some system disturbance or maintenance that's happening? Or is my modem going out? I'd appreciate some information on why this is happening. This is the 2nd time Thank you, Cheryl Johnson

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Liz

Good morning cherylaoife,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. Glad to see service is stable again. I'm able to run diagnostics on your site, and while everything is working well now, I would recommend a dish realignment. If you get in touch with business/SME support in the future should you run into intermittent connectivity, I would request a tech for a realignment, even if the diagnostics still show everything as OK at that time.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

@Liz 

@maratsade 

@GabeU 

@MarkJFine

UPDATE 02/13/2020:  Finally got a tech to pay a visit late yesterday. Not only was the dish out of alignment but the modem and power pack had to be replaced. So it was a combo of the 2. And I now my system is a little bit faster than it was before the issues cropped up last week!

Thanks to everyone who responded and helped me maintain what little sanity I had left.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

@GabeU Things finally rectified - again - and seem to have been stable since about 8:30a yesterday morning. I was able to send an email through the website Customer Support portal and the reply just told me to call the business account number. AFTER I told them in the email that I don't have phone service where I'm at. I'm not driving 30 miles to make a phone call so they can tell me I have to be at the location with the problem - been there done that with DISH. Not only that, but if it's stable they probably won't find anything wrong if they do system tests.

Liz

Good morning cherylaoife,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. Glad to see service is stable again. I'm able to run diagnostics on your site, and while everything is working well now, I would recommend a dish realignment. If you get in touch with business/SME support in the future should you run into intermittent connectivity, I would request a tech for a realignment, even if the diagnostics still show everything as OK at that time.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

@Liz Thanks for your reply. I did finally get in touch with a rep via phone yesterday and he ran some diagnostics and said it did appear that my dish was out of alignment. And might not have been properly aligned when it was first installed. In any case, I'm now waiting for someone to contact me for an appointment - as my connectivity deteriorates even further, and I lose another day of income.

Hi cherylaoife, 

Thank you for this update, glad to hear you have a dispatch set up to address the dish alignment.

Thanks,

Liz

@Liz I don't have anything set up yet - I'm waiting for someone to contact me to set something up. In the meantime, I'm just losing income - and what's left of my mind. Cheryl

I'm looking at the case notes and in our system there is an open dispatch for your site, which means we will assign or have already assigned someone to visit your site. The notes indicate that the ETA is 02/12/20 17:00. Let me verify with the person overseeing this assigned tech that the ETA is correct and whether someone will still reach out to you. For residential customers, the tech typically does reach out to the customer before the visit to confirm the date and time.

I'll post back once I have any news to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

Thank you once again, @Liz. I appreciate your assistance with this. Cheryl

Got a quick turnaround-- the tech will be assigned tomorrow morning and he will then reach out to you.

-Liz

@Liz Thank you once again. This is just killing me financially. I rely on my work-at-home to augment my already limited part-time income and I can't do the work without stable internet. Sigh.

@Liz wrote:

Got a quick turnaround-- the tech will be assigned tomorrow morning and he will then reach out to you.

-Liz

You're welcome Cheryl, we hope to get your internet up and running normally again quickly!

-Liz

@Liz 

@maratsade 

@GabeU 

@MarkJFine

UPDATE 02/13/2020:  Finally got a tech to pay a visit late yesterday. Not only was the dish out of alignment but the modem and power pack had to be replaced. So it was a combo of the 2. And I now my system is a little bit faster than it was before the issues cropped up last week!

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Excellent news, @cherylaoife !

Great. Guess this was one of those c) all of the above things.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@cherylaoife 

That's great news!  I'm glad it's now fixed, and that it may be even better than it was prior to the issue starting certainly doesn't hurt.   

Thank you for letting us know.  🙂 🙂 🙂 

Good morning cherylaoife,

That's excellent news, I'm glad the tech sorted all that for you. Thank you for coming back with an update!

Thanks,

Liz