I need your DNS addresses..

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryan11433
Junior

I need your DNS addresses..

See picture as that is what my server are set. 

DNS Servers.png

When Comcast server is down my internet stop working. I really hope that you can provide your (Hughesnet) dns server so my server can have the ability to resolve queries when Comcast's is down.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You access it by using the default gateway at 192.168.0.1

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

View solution in original post

I don't know why you cannot fix your modem that I'm leasing from you (HughesNet) and I had to use my skill to fix it on my side. It is now showing the results for Server FQDN. See picture for 192.168.0.1. Hint: Add a name including the address to that DNS server locally.

Show DNS Servers-FIXED.png

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

no I don't why do you ask anyway?

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I was referring to the screenshot you posted. "Unable to resolve" is an error.  This error may happen because apparently you can't use a server with HughesNet. 

DNS Servers.png

If that is the case the error should say you cannot use this server with residential account due to Hughesnet Guideline Policy procedure.

maratsade

Good luck to you, Ryan.

@maratsade wrote:

Good luck to you, Ryan.

I don't think they can do anything because they forced me to agree for new 24 months agreement when I upgraded to 50 GB data plan instead of 20 or 30 GB back on 02-10-2020 as that is all they have.

GabeU

@Ryan11433 wrote: 

I don't think they can do anything because they forced me to agree for new 24 months agreement when I upgraded to 50 GB data plan instead of 20 or 30 GB back on 02-10-2020 as that is all they have.

Did the plan change require a tech visit or any change of equipment?  The reason I ask is that changing plans on the same service normally doesn't require a new commitment.  Only when a tech visit is required or an upgrade of equipment, such as the modem, is there typically a new commitment requirement.

@GabeU wrote:

@Ryan11433 wrote: 

Did the plan change require a tech visit or any change of equipment?  The reason I ask is that changing plans on the same service normally doesn't require a new commitment.  Only when a tech visit is required or an upgrade of equipment, such as the modem, is there typically a new commitment requirement.

no I still have same equpiment but I do not use their modem WIFI anymore because the software is out of date then I use Linksys router wired to the modem instead and I have disabled WIFI feature on that modem through their administration panel.