Internet Down Most of the Time

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billfuller3
New Poster

Internet Down Most of the Time

Internet has been down for the past three weeks, but sporadically connects at times for maybe a minute or two, and then goes back out again.  I live in an extremely remote location with only wifi calling.  So I called tech support from civilization.  Support technician (who was very nice) told me to go back home and check the state code, which was 12.4.1 , and then call back.  She gave me a case number, but the new support person wouldn't even open it.  I went through the same stuff trying to explain that I can't physically be at the router because there is no cell service at my location, and wifi calling is my only option.  I was then told that I could pay $150 for a site visit.  Wow.... a 10 year customer can't get a free service call?  Would they rather risk to lose my business than to send somebody out to fix things, sell me an updated router, etc?   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

billfuller3,

Thank you for following up! I've sent you a private message, as we will need some more information. Please let me know if you've received it! 

Thanks,

Remy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You've come to the right place. The HN reps here are corporate reps who can do a lot more than the phone techs. They work business hours M-F, but sometimes one or two of them are here later. Hang in there until one of them gets involved with your case and communicates next steps to you.

Remy

billfuller3,

Thank you for reaching out! It seems this is your first post. Welcome to the Community! I was able to get your account pulled up through your Community profile, which is great. Upon taking a look into the account, it seems we don't have communication with the modem. Are you able to confirm that the state code is still 12.4.1?

Thanks,

Remy

Hi, Remy.  Thank you for looking into this!  Yes... I checked again last night, and the state code is still 12.4.1. 

billfuller3,

Thank you for following up! I've sent you a private message, as we will need some more information. Please let me know if you've received it! 

Thanks,

Remy

Thanks, Remy.  Your PM was received and I’ll respond now. Thanks so much!