Internet down sqf 15 no transmit, receive, or system lights

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jakelawrence
Freshman

Internet down sqf 15 no transmit, receive, or system lights

Hey there. Internet has been down for over a week now. Initially the issue started about a month ago and I could power cycle the modem and it would temporarily fix the problem, this no longer works. System, receive, and transmit lights are not illuminating. Signal quality is at 15. Checked all coax connections, I even brought modem and router outside and hooked directly to coax going to transmitter with no signal change ( to rule out connection issues due to long length of cable). I also should mention I have the ht1100 modem. Attempted to reset modem and now it is stuck on the pointing process due to the low sqf. I’m assuming my modem is the problem, or possibly the radio considering the sqf will change 1 or 2 points if I “nudge” the satellite, and occasionally jump to 29 or so sporadically for a second or so. Any help would be appreciated
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Jakelawrence,

Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this. I also apologize for the delay in response. I took a look into this and ran diagnostics on your equipment myself. I can definitely confirm that your signal strength is extremely low but the modem itself does seem to be functioning properly. This means a re-point is required and a possible radio replacement as well. The radio replacement depends on the results after the dish has been re-pointed. If you do end up having a technician come out, they will have a radio transmitter replacement ready to be installed, just in case. While I do wish this could be resolved remotely, a re-point of the dish and possible replacement of the radio would need to be performed by a technician on site. 

At this time, your options are to have a technician sent out either by calling our support number or having me process one specifically, or upgrading to GEN 5. Both of these would resolve this issue but based on your previous comments, I'm sure a repair is what you are leaning more towards. Please let me know what you would like to do going forward.    

-Damian    

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The reps on this site will have to check your modem remotely -- they will be back on Monday.  

Okay, thank you.
GabeU

@Jakelawrence 

Being that it was giving a signal strength of 15 it's likely that it's not the modem, but rather more having to do with either a pointing issue or an issue with the radio itself, though anything's possible.  

Unfortunately, the reps won't be back until Monday, but they'll likely reply then.   If you don't want to wait until then, you can call tech support at 866-347-3292.  

For future reference, it's generally not a good idea to do anything with the coax fittings at the dish.  These normally have a seal, or at least some dielectric grease, providing protection from moisture.  Opening them can negatively affect that protection.

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate. Yes there was dielectric grease on connections, reapplied before reconnecting. Hopefully it is something that the technicians can repair on their end, but it definitely seems like a hardware issue from what I’m experiencing

I also failed to mention I am getting an error code of 2.2.1 “an outside unit problem has occurred” I believe is what it said
maratsade

Your best bet is to wait until the reps on this site are back next week. They can run remote diagnostics on your equipment  to figure out what's going on, and they can dispatch a tech if needed.  

Jakelawrence
Freshman

Any tech support available to help me today?
maratsade

The support team on this site usually responds within 24 to 48 business hours -- hopefully they will reply today or tomorrow. For more immediate assistance, try the phone or the chat reps. 

Jakelawrence wrote:
Any tech support available to help me today?

GabeU

@Jakelawrence 

In the off chance they may have missed your post, I'm going to tag a couple of reps to ensure you get a reply soon.

@Liz 

@Remy

Thank you I appreciate it, because I have already spoken to a technician on the phone with no help. He wanted to send a tech out and was more interested in upgrading me to gen 5 than he was helping me get back up and running. I really appreciate any assistance I can get. 

@Jakelawrence,

Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this. I also apologize for the delay in response. I took a look into this and ran diagnostics on your equipment myself. I can definitely confirm that your signal strength is extremely low but the modem itself does seem to be functioning properly. This means a re-point is required and a possible radio replacement as well. The radio replacement depends on the results after the dish has been re-pointed. If you do end up having a technician come out, they will have a radio transmitter replacement ready to be installed, just in case. While I do wish this could be resolved remotely, a re-point of the dish and possible replacement of the radio would need to be performed by a technician on site. 

At this time, your options are to have a technician sent out either by calling our support number or having me process one specifically, or upgrading to GEN 5. Both of these would resolve this issue but based on your previous comments, I'm sure a repair is what you are leaning more towards. Please let me know what you would like to do going forward.    

-Damian    

thank you sir for your response, yes I believe you are correct about it being a radio problem. I do not think it is a pointing issue because I sweeped the satellite left and right very slowly (which I know I'm not supposed to do but figured what do I have to lose) with no signal change. Not sure if I'm going to call a tech out since i own my equipment and don't really feel like shelling out over $200 on subpar internet. Thanks a ton though. Might get me a used radio online and install myself, but more than likely just going to cancel my service. Once again I thank you for looking into it, have a great evening