Limited connectivity/zero connectivity 2000s

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shelby947
Freshman

Limited connectivity/zero connectivity 2000s

I’ll try to make this as concise as I can.

The first week of may our internet quit. I pulled up the system control page and saw errors that I knew were not the usual ones. After an hour on the phone with tech support I was told my modem had failed and I would be sent a new one.
So I ok’d that.

A couple hours later the internet magically started working again. I received the new modem but didn’t install it until the internet wouldn’t connect again and I saw the same errors as before—this was about 8 or so days later.

I was sorry that I waited that long because this new modem worked like a dream. Very few error codes and speed was much faster.

That lasted for about 4 days.

Internet quit again. Spent a long time with tech support on the phone. Got transferred to tier one. The tech said he could see how someone that wasn’t tier one would think it was the modem but he was seeing serious problems with the radio transmitter on my dish. So a repair person was scheduled—- this was a Wednesday and they could not come until the following Tuesday which is a whole other complaint I have. Anyway repair man came, installed a new radio transmitter and then tried to connect to internet. Didn’t work so he uninstalled the new transmitter and put the old one back on and and then came in and installed another new modem. This was Tuesday June 5th. It has worked a bit but majorly slow and lots of error codes

It currently is not working at all again. System stays is red. Diagnostic code currently is 0204-8000-0400-0047 the system state code is 12.7.1.

We work out of our home and I need to get this fixed. Please help.

Excuse any typos I’m using my tiny phone.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Good morning Shelby947,

Thank you for your patience while we investigated your case. Engineering is suggesting we replace your modem, radio, and cables.  Your complimentary dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Thursday, Jun 21, 2018 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM.  Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #113194988 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Liz

Hi Shelby947,

I see you're a long time customer and first time poster, welcome! Thank you for the clear description of events. I'm also seeing a state code on your system right now that's of concern. Let me escalate this to engineering for their input and assistance.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank you so much for your welcome and your prompt response, Liz. I have been with you guys for a long time.

I did forget to add that I do the usual unplug for 20 seconds trick which I did a bit ago and that got us connected again. However there is still a problem. Off and on it tells me there is limited connectivity. It is working at this second with no error codes but I promise they will start happening again.

Thanks so much again for your help.

Also should I be keeping a list of all of the errors? I figure that’s something you can see on your end so I haven’t been doing that.

You're welcome. If you see errors other than 12.1.12 or 12.7.1 (basically any 12.x.x codes) take note of that; when you unplug the power from the modem for an extended period of time, we lose the state code history. 

Ok will do. Thank you!

Hello Liz,

Any updates you can give me?

Our service has been terrible.  Not working more than working.  When it does work, it is extremely slow.  I know I'm repeating myself, but I really need to get this all solved and working like it should.

I've had company so I haven't been super vigelent, but I have a partial list of error codes that have occured--I'm not including all of the zeros.

Diagnostic Code                               System State Code

0049                                                        0.0.0

0402-0481                                             12.1.12

4020-4800-0040                                          0

2-0489                                                      30.1.1

n/a                                                              11.2.1

n/a                                                              11.2.5

n/a                                                              12.7.1

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi Shelby947,

Thank you for your updates, I haven't heard back from engineering since I escalated your case, but I've pinged him for any news about your case. I'll let you know what I find out.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Bumping so I don't fall to the second page

*repeating to self ...patience is a virtue ....patience is a virtue*

Liz

Good morning Shelby947,

Thank you for your patience while we investigated your case. Engineering is suggesting we replace your modem, radio, and cables.  Your complimentary dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Thursday, Jun 21, 2018 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM.  Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #113194988 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Thank you so much Liz.

I wish he hadn't taken the new radio off and put the old one back on last time.

I will report back--I really hope this fixes everything.

OK, looking forward to hearing back!

It's been about 24 hours since the repair man was here (it's always the same guy, so that's kind of nice).  I tentatively think it's all better now.  I reserve the right to come back and tell you it's not, though, because that's the way my luck goes most of the time lol.

He replaced the cable and the radio transmitter.  He did not replace the modem--that would have been the third new modem and he did not believe the modem was the problem.  I agree with him, however, it would have been kind of nice to have all three be brand new so that we could eliminate all three if this begins happening again.  I'll just cross my fingers that it doesn't.  

I have had ZERO diagnostic codes and system state codes--besides the ones that tell me all is well.  Before he came, every time I ran a connectivity test, I was losing at least 30% and usually 50%--sometimes 90%.  Now I'm at zero.  

Now that it works correctly, it's easier to see that it has been in a bad way for quite some time.  It's so much faster now.  

Anyway, I'll be back if I begin seeing errors again, but for now, it's working well.

Thank you to @Liz and the engineers for all of your help.

So good to hear that, Shelby947, thanks for letting me know! The community is always here if you have additional concerns.