MAI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MAI
New Poster

MAI

I started the network service on January 4th. I have never enjoyed a network speed of more than 3Mps in half a month. I have contacted the staff several times and I can’t solve it. I want to ask how much I need to pay to cancel the service within 30 days after opening an account. money? Or can you help me solve the problem and give me a 25Mps network?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

As stated in the subscriber agreement, speed and performance are not guaranteed.  Speed and performance depend on many factors, many outside of HughesNet's control.  The system is designed to provide 25Mbps down and 3 Mbps up,  but this may vary among users, with some getting more and some getting less. 

To have speed issues addressed in this community, first you will need to follow the procedure detailed here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

The penalty for cancelling the subscriber agreement before the 24 month term is $400. After 90 days it goes down by $15 a month.  Shee the chart below. 

2020-11-17_16-51-02.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

As stated in the subscriber agreement, speed and performance are not guaranteed.  Speed and performance depend on many factors, many outside of HughesNet's control.  The system is designed to provide 25Mbps down and 3 Mbps up,  but this may vary among users, with some getting more and some getting less. 

To have speed issues addressed in this community, first you will need to follow the procedure detailed here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

The penalty for cancelling the subscriber agreement before the 24 month term is $400. After 90 days it goes down by $15 a month.  Shee the chart below. 

2020-11-17_16-51-02.png

Hello MAI, 

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. I hope maratsade's answer clarified things for you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!