cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSN

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: MSN

It's also possible the corrupt entries propagated to a local DNS in your computer (or other). In that case:

1. Power off all devices that connect to the modem.

2. Unplug the power to the modem from the wall socket.

3. After 60 seconds, re-plug the modem back in.

4. After another 60 seconds or so (once the modem has fully rebooted and all the lights are on) start powering up all of the devices attached to it.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

View solution in original post

Freshman

adding in that the video streams from BoD do not work either. You tube, amaz.. seems to be ok.

Freshman

Thank you. this solution seems to have worked.  It makes me wonder who the culpret was. The Modem, AP, NAS, or RazPi.

Assistant Professor

@paultt66 wrote:

Thank you. this solution seems to have worked.  It makes me wonder who the culpret was. The Modem, AP, NAS, or RazPi.

Dunno, but  it's usually caused initially by a poor wifi connection that somehow passes a bit error test. Can happen on either side, modem or device. If it's the modem, it's an easy fix to just reboot it. If it's propagated across any of the devices it's really hard to nail down, which is why it's best to flush everything even those on ethernet cable.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

paultt66, 

I'm glad to hear that Mark's suggestion worked! Please feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions or concerns.

-Jay