MSN

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paultt66
Freshman

MSN

I just started getting MSN and Onedrive blocked, maybe other MS sites tooo? . All PCs in my house, there are no URLS blocked in my router.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's also possible the corrupt entries propagated to a local DNS in your computer (or other). In that case:

1. Power off all devices that connect to the modem.

2. Unplug the power to the modem from the wall socket.

3. After 60 seconds, re-plug the modem back in.

4. After another 60 seconds or so (once the modem has fully rebooted and all the lights are on) start powering up all of the devices attached to it.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
MarkJFine
Professor

Is it blocked, or is your DNS corrupted?

Try rebooting your modem to clear the local DNS in it and see if the problem goes away.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

It has been rebooted, still same issue. It was working this morning then just stopped. So I assume you get to msn.com then?

paultt66,

I've made some changes to your modem. Please try again and let me know if you're able to connect.

-Jay

no

Could you send me a screenshot of what appears when you attempt to connect to MSN.com? 

-Jay

MSN.PNG

paultt66,

A few more questions to try and narrow down what the issue may be.

• Have there been any changes to your system prior to your concerns?

• Does this happen in different browsers?

• Does this happen on a non-HughesNet connection?

• Does this happen even after clearing your browser cache? (How-to here: refreshyourcache.com)

-Jay

A few more questions to try and narrow down what the issue may be.

• Have there been any changes to your system prior to your concerns?
    • no, I was on MSN this morning, clicked on a story and it happened.

• Does this happen in different browsers?
    • Multiple browsers multiple PCs

• Does this happen on a non-HughesNet connection?
    • If I change my ISP it works fine.

• Does this happen even after clearing your browser cache? (How-to here: refreshyourcache.com)
    • yes

adding in that the video streams from BoD do not work either. You tube, amaz.. seems to be ok.

I would say that this is strange, I thought is my PC but all of them on the network cannot reach the sites. I tried wired and wireless. 

It's also possible the corrupt entries propagated to a local DNS in your computer (or other). In that case:

1. Power off all devices that connect to the modem.

2. Unplug the power to the modem from the wall socket.

3. After 60 seconds, re-plug the modem back in.

4. After another 60 seconds or so (once the modem has fully rebooted and all the lights are on) start powering up all of the devices attached to it.

Thank you. this solution seems to have worked.  It makes me wonder who the culpret was. The Modem, AP, NAS, or RazPi.

@paultt66 wrote:

Thank you. this solution seems to have worked.  It makes me wonder who the culpret was. The Modem, AP, NAS, or RazPi.

Dunno, but  it's usually caused initially by a poor wifi connection that somehow passes a bit error test. Can happen on either side, modem or device. If it's the modem, it's an easy fix to just reboot it. If it's propagated across any of the devices it's really hard to nail down, which is why it's best to flush everything even those on ethernet cable.

paultt66, 

I'm glad to hear that Mark's suggestion worked! Please feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions or concerns.

-Jay