Modem / Connection failure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hamradio
Senior

Modem / Connection failure

For the past several days, I have lost connectivity many times.   The problem is chronic. A power-down reset of the HT2000 usually fixes it.   Sometimes the modem status is OK, sometimes it says - Transmit trouble.  See image.   Looking for a solution for what has become a commonplace problem.

Thanks,  Woody

@Liz 

WoodyHT2000 Issue.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi folks,

This was addressed by engineering last Wednesday. Please let me know if you're still seeing the same behavior.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
hamradio
Senior

Now worse... Failed many times durinf past hour.  Multiple resets sometimes fixed for a few minutes, sometimes not.

See image for details.HT2000 Issue 2.JPG

Been trying to post for > 1 hour...   Multiple connection failures all afternoon into evening.   Dozens of modem resets...

Only a few minutes of online time between hours of failures and resets.

See Image..

Good that Hnet was working long enough to post this - I hope!

Woody

@Liz 

HT2000 Issue 3.JPG

See the image:

The beam has been having on-again/off-again issues since the weekend.

It's either the rain in San Diego, user loading, or someone on the beam is running something that's messing it up the software.

I tend to think it's the middle one, since it seems to occur during peak-ish hours (even for a pandemic).

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Yeah...

SDO has been having issues the last few weeks...  Mark on 068 gets the same errors...  Where as I, on 066 get frequent DNS lookup failures, or just generic timeouts when trying to connect to a website yet modem reports perfectly fine.

Thanks for the info.

Is there anyway to obtain repair status reports?

FWIW, I experiened the last occurance between 2:30 PM EST and 8:30 PM

Woody

Hello folks,

Thank you for posting and sharing your feedback. I just checked our engineering reports and this latest one does indicate they're working on degradation on 68 that's affecting some sites. I'll keep you posted once there are new updates to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi folks,

This was addressed by engineering last Wednesday. Please let me know if you're still seeing the same behavior.

Thanks,

Liz

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

So far so good, but it's not the weekend. 

Things break when you guys are off.  🙂

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Another 68-er here, with issues too, mostly since the weekend.  

MarkJFine wrote:

The beam has been having on-again/off-again issues since the weekend.

It's either the rain in San Diego, user loading, or someone on the beam is running something that's messing it up the software.

I tend to think it's the middle one, since it seems to occur during peak-ish hours (even for a pandemic).