Modem Not Working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OhioDarin
Freshman

Modem Not Working

My modem does not appear to be working.  The only lights that come on are the power light and the WIFI light.  I tried resetting multiple times.  

When trying to access the modem via 192.168.0.1 I get "Server Not Found"

When trying to access the modem via WIFI 192.168.42.1 it appears to connect but I do not know the admin password.

We had a power outage this AM and it's been out since then.  No lightning  - just a line down on the street.

Any help is appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi OhioDarin,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. Sounds like you could use another modem, I can't reach out to your site either to run diagnostics. I'll have a new modem shipped to you; you can use the box it comes in to return your old modem. There should be a prepaid shipping label in the outer pouch.

Let us know how the new modem works out for you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
GW
Advanced Tutor

Try admin for the password. I think that's the default.

That is correct. I found it in another thread.  It lets me into WIFI settings but doesn't connect to satellite control center.  Thinking this modem may have gotten a bad update or is toast.

Hi OhioDarin,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. Sounds like you could use another modem, I can't reach out to your site either to run diagnostics. I'll have a new modem shipped to you; you can use the box it comes in to return your old modem. There should be a prepaid shipping label in the outer pouch.

Let us know how the new modem works out for you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Glad you got yours squared away. Still waiting for my Mod to come back with a similar reply 🙂

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the help Liz.

You're welcome, hope it works out for you, OhioDarin!

Received new modem  today and everything works as it should. Thanks again for the help.

Awesome, thanks for letting me know! Don't hesitate to drop by the community if you have any other questions.

dzfire
Sophomore

Same issue happened to me last night, no power outage though.

Ours could have happened last night.  Can't say that the outage was the cause. Just not working today.