Modem issues after power surge

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gigix2
Freshman

Modem issues after power surge

Power went out for a few seconds. My internet hasn’t worked since. My modem only has 3 lights lit, top/middle/bottom. I have unplugged it twice for about 2 minutes each time.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hi Gigix2,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! Thanks for confirming that your modem was still plugged in. I tried to run diagnostics on your site, but I'm not able to make a connection; looks like that surge got your modem. I'm sending you our latest modem model, no need to return your HT1100. Here's our guide to replacing and getting started with your new modem. Please expect the modem to arrive in a few days.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Gigix2

When did this start happening?  Since around 8PM EST or so last night, Gen5, on the Echostar 19 satellite, has been having intermittent issues.  It's known, and they are working on it.  

The notice about the issue is on the right side of the HughesNet Community.  

Gigix2
Freshman

It happened about an hour ago and I do not have Gen 5
GabeU

@Gigix2 wrote:
It happened about an hour ago and I do not have Gen 5

Ah.  Okay.  

It may very well be that something bad happened to the modem or radio when you had the power surge.  Are you showing any state codes on the following page?  

http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/state_code/state_code_monitor

If so, what codes are showing?  

I can not open that link on my cell. Is it supposed to be open through Hughes net connection?
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Yes, you are supposed to use that link on a device while connected to your Hughesnet modem... If you have an HN9000 or HN7000... the URL will probably be different.

I have no internet to connect through hughes net

GabeU

@Gigix2 wrote:

I have no internet to connect through hughes net

On a device that is connected to the HughesNet modem, have you tried connecting to that linked page?  

Since you can't connect to this site to click on the link with a HughesNet connected device (due to your internet not working), type 192.168.0.1 into your browser address bar and hit enter.  Then click the little white letter i on the upper right of the page.  It's to the right of the System Status and System Information boxes.  It's hard to see.  

Then, on the left, click General, then State Code Summary.  

You don't need to be able to connect to the internet to connect to the HughesNet modem and see this information.  You only need to be connected to the HughesNet modem (preferably via LAN cable).  

------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:  It would also be a good idea for you to leave your HughesNet modem plugged in so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary.  

@Liz

@Amanda

@Brooke

Ok, thank you  I will try when I get home from work this evening.  It is plugged in.  I was on chat with Hughes net and was told I had to be home in order for them to do any testing.  

Liz

Hi Gigix2,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! Thanks for confirming that your modem was still plugged in. I tried to run diagnostics on your site, but I'm not able to make a connection; looks like that surge got your modem. I'm sending you our latest modem model, no need to return your HT1100. Here's our guide to replacing and getting started with your new modem. Please expect the modem to arrive in a few days.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thank you so much, I appreciate it.