Hughesnet Community

My modem has no system receiver transmit lights.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TFH721
Freshman

My modem has no system receiver transmit lights.

I made a phone call the other day but I wasn’t home to help the tech get through the steps. But I’ve tried everything from rebooting and  checking all the connections. No change. I can’t get through on chat or the phone being a Saturday when I only have time to call or try to get this fixed. But from what I’ve read on the other threads I’m probably gonna need someone to come out here.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Good morning Todd,

Thank you for this update. I'm sending a complimentary tech to get you back online. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Friday, Apr 15, 2022 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

Hi Liz. 

Charles came over and found underground wire was damaged. That fixed the problem. Thank you for your help. Charles was outstanding tech. I appreciate everyone’s insight. I’ll be mailing the modem back asap.

Todd

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The phone agents are available 24/7, so you may want to try calling very early  in the morning. The reps on this site won't be back until Monday, and they may not be able to reply right away.  I suggest that while you wait for a reply you try the toll free number again, so the reps can check your modem remotely to determine what's going on and what the next steps will be.  If you don't want to call, then you will need to wait until next week for a reply here. 

I tried it said 45 minute wait. I engaged someone in chat but got disconnected. Thanks for the heads up on everything. 

maratsade

Darn. Maybe you can try early Sunday. I'd try early in the morning, between 7 and 9 am.  It stinks that you may have to wait longer to hear from someone here, but I hope @Liz , @Remy or @Damian will reply on Monday.  

I wasn’t up that early today. I’ve waited. What’s another day. Probably going to have to have someone come out. Maybe the modem or dish could have been moved. Been windy here.🤷🏻‍♂️

maratsade

They'll probably send you a replacement modem first. In any case, they'll decide next steps. Good luck!

GabeU

@TFH721 

Are you able to bring up this modem page?  It's preferable to try with a device that's connected via LAN cable, but you can try via WiFi too.  

If you can, what do you see listed for a State Code in the System Summary box near the top of the page?  This State Code can help to point to the cause of the problem, and may help the reps here to determine the next step if they're not able to establish a remote connection to the modem.

Liz

Good morning TFH721,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing what you've tried so far. I'm sending you a replacement modem first to see if that gets you back online. It should arrive in a few days, and you can use its box to return the old one. The return label should be included in the outer pouch. Please let me know how the new modem works out for you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank you Liz. I will keep you posted.

Todd

Hi Liz. Got the new modem today. Unfortunately still having the same problem.

Todd

Good morning Todd,

Thank you for this update. I'm sending a complimentary tech to get you back online. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Friday, Apr 15, 2022 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Thanks,

Liz

Hi Liz. 

Charles came over and found underground wire was damaged. That fixed the problem. Thank you for your help. Charles was outstanding tech. I appreciate everyone’s insight. I’ll be mailing the modem back asap.

Todd

maratsade

That's excellent news, Todd!

Good morning Todd,

Aha! Thank you so much for updating us with what happened. So glad that Charles found that and addressed that for you to get back online. We're happy to have helped. Please don't hesitate to visit the community again if you have other concerns.

Thanks,

Liz