No Internet/System light off

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crystals
Freshman

No Internet/System light off

Hello. My first post here so hopefully I'm doing this right. As the subject says, I havent had internet since last night and the system light is off. (The other lights occasionally flash, not frequently though) I've tried the suggestions that I have read in other threads. I have checked cables, unplugged, plugged, reset and none of these things have helped. I also can not access the system control center, even with a lan connected to the modem. Is there anything else I can try? I am currently posting this on my cell hotspot that is very sketchy, which is why i have hughes in the first place. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Welcome, Crystal!

You've come to the right place, I can certainly look into this for you. Definitely can't reach your site right now from my end, so let's see if swapping out the modem will get you back online.

The complimentary modem should arrive soon, and you can use its box to return the old modem. There should be a return shipping label in the outer pouch of the box for your convenience.

Please let me know how the new modem works out for you when it arrives.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@crystals 

Besides power cycling your modem (unplugging it, waiting 30 seconds or more, plugging it back in), which it sounds like you've already tried, the only advice I can give is to make sure to leave your HughesNet modem plugged in so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment, if they're able to do so.

The reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They usually respond within a working day, but hopefully you'll receive a reply before the end of today.

@Liz @Remy @Damian 

I will leave it on. Thank you for the reply! 

Welcome, Crystal!

You've come to the right place, I can certainly look into this for you. Definitely can't reach your site right now from my end, so let's see if swapping out the modem will get you back online.

The complimentary modem should arrive soon, and you can use its box to return the old modem. There should be a return shipping label in the outer pouch of the box for your convenience.

Please let me know how the new modem works out for you when it arrives.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Awesome! Thank you so much for your speedy reply! I will update you when it arrives.

Great, looking forward to it, Crystal!

-Liz

Liz, 

I received the modem and am happy to say that I am up and running again! Thank you again for helping me so quickly. 

Awesome! Glad to hear it, Crystal. Enjoy the holiday weekend!

-Liz