Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sz
Freshman

No internet

Why??? Second day now.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your assistance. I called tech support. They elevated the issue to advanced tech support. They had to send out a tech to troubleshoot. The problem was the eye in the dish. It has malfunctioned/burned out. It had to be replaced. System is up.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Sz

When you say no internet, do you mean HughesNet is down or that you can't connect to the modem?  Are all of the lights on the front of the modem lit?

Can you get to the following page?  http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status

If you can, do you see any red exes down the right hand side?  In the System Summary box at the top of the page, do you see a State Code listed?  If so, what is it?  

Check to make sure that the coax connector at the beck of the modem is finger tight.  It doesn't need to be tighter than this, but it shouldn't be loose.  Also, if you have the HughesNet modem plugged into a power strip or surge protector, try plugging directly into a wall outlet to see if it makes any difference.  

In case the reps need to run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment, please be sure to leave your modem plugged in, if you don't already.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, though it can take them a day or two to reply.  

@Liz

@Amanda

@Hal

@Jorge

Thanks for your reply.
The system status is red. I can get to the router; there’s just no internet. I’ve run the diagnostics and all is well within the wifi; there’s just no internet. I removed the surge protector as you recommended and checked the cable but it didn’t change the status. The system, receive and transmit icons are not lit on the front of the modem. Only the power, the LAN and the WiFi are lit. Earlier, the power button was blinking white and red but that’s stopped.
GabeU

@Sz

Thanks for doing those things.  Unfortunately, it sounds like something the reps will definitely have to help with.  Though weather at your gateway can affect your service in the same way as weather at your own location, it's VERY unlikely that the problem is due such, especially if the outage isn't of the intermittent type that weather can cause.  

With the reps being tagged in my previous reply they will be sure to see this thread and help you.  Hopefully they'll reply tomorrow.  They've been pretty good lately with replying fairly quickly.  As mentioned, please be sure to leave the modem plugged in, as they will almost assuredly want to run the remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment.  

Sorry I couldn't be of more help to get you up and running tonight. 😞     

Thanks for your help. I did leave it plugged in. Hopefully, the techs will do their magic and it’ll work soon.

Hello Sz, thank you for posting, were you able to get a state code when you checked the system status? If you can get the state code it would be helpful in diagnosing your system.

Yes it’s 11.2.1 - A problem receiving data has occurred

Any ideas? I really don’t want to have to call customer service. Service is still out.
maratsade

Best if you wait for one of the Hughesnet employees to reply to you. They may be working in the background and waiting to get data to get back to you. It may take a day or two. 

@Amanda

@Liz

Yup, that’s what I’ve been doing. Waiting for them with a solution. It’s the third day.

Sz, thank you for providing this information. In order to resolve this, we will need you to perform a re-registration of the HughesNet modem to continue troubleshooting. Please give us a call at 866-347-3292 so that we can walk you through the steps. I will leave details in your account so the agent knows what steps need to be taken. 

Thank you for your assistance. I called tech support. They elevated the issue to advanced tech support. They had to send out a tech to troubleshoot. The problem was the eye in the dish. It has malfunctioned/burned out. It had to be replaced. System is up.
GabeU

@Sz

Glad you got it fixed and you're up and running again.  Years ago I had to have the same thing replaced on my old setup.  My internet wasn't fully down like yours was, but it kept giving me all kinds of intermittent connection issues.