cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterb
Freshman

Page Caching?

Hi,

Do you guys use page caching/web acceleration?  I recently switched my website to a new hosting company with of course different nameservers and different ip.  When I go to my website, the old website is still showing up.  I know it must have something to do with hughesnet as when I connect with my phone I go to the "new" one and if I use VPN on my computer I go to the "new" one.  No matter the browser, cache clearing, flushing the dns, etc etc, I always get my old website.

Any ideas from anyone?

Thank you!!

Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@peterb

Have you tried power cycling the modem?  Doing so should clear its cache.  Unplug it at the outlet or power brick (NOT at the back of the modem), wait at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in.  It will take four or five minutes for the modem to be fully back up.   

If you're using a 3rd party router you should power cycle it, as well.  This will clear its cache.    

HughesNet does use Web Acceleration.  You can toggle it off and on here... http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/wac/control

If it is still giving you problems after trying the above things please let us know, as the reps may need to clear the modem's cache remotely, though power cycling it should do so.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GabeU

@peterb

Have you tried power cycling the modem?  Doing so should clear its cache.  Unplug it at the outlet or power brick (NOT at the back of the modem), wait at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in.  It will take four or five minutes for the modem to be fully back up.   

If you're using a 3rd party router you should power cycle it, as well.  This will clear its cache.    

HughesNet does use Web Acceleration.  You can toggle it off and on here... http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/wac/control

If it is still giving you problems after trying the above things please let us know, as the reps may need to clear the modem's cache remotely, though power cycling it should do so.  

Okay.  I will try your suggestion and reply back.  Thank you much!!

GabeU

@peterb

You're very welcome.  I hope it works.  

Yes, Worked like a charm.  I had done that, but didn't leave it unplugged long enough!

Thanks again!!

GabeU

Awesome!  I'm glad it worked.  

Happy to help.  🙂  

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Hughesnet does use a web-caching system, it's one of the many components of Web Acceleration.  They use a SQUID proxy specifically for HTTP content, as do many other service providers.  You might want to look into methods of having your webserver send a "No Cache" request when it's accessed, this will limit the potential for proxy servers to cache content, but could also prevent end users from accessing such content.