Phone failure

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cabooose2
Freshman

Phone failure

Phone does not dial out and doesn't receive calls. Have a dial tone and messages show up on my phone and can here the message alert. I have re-booted satellite and re-booted the phone unit by unplugging and plugging back in after 30 seconds.  Chat agent said I need to call in to have repaired.  LOL, how can I do that when my phone won't dial out and I have no cell service where I live.  Told agent if cell worked out here, I wouldn't need satellite phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Cabooose2,

Awesome! I'm glad the ATA arrived so quickly. Have you gone ahead and activated the new ATA at http://voice.hughesnet.com? If you need your SAN, we're able to provide it to you via private message!

Thanks,

Remy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Remy

Cabooose2,

Thanks for reaching out! The details are much appreciated! I've gone ahead and reset your line and made a couple of adjustments to attempt to solve the issue. Please let me know if the VOIP service begins to work properly again!

Thanks,

Remy

Thanks for your reply.  I still get a dial tone, but when I dial out it does not work/ring.  Also, the message alert sound when pick up phone is no longer present possibly from your reset.  The phone shows on screen I have message.  Therefore, phone still not working.  Advise if anything further I can do on this end, but I think I've tried.

Cabooose2,

I've taken a deeper look into it, and I want to see if a replacement ATA will do the trick. Please expect the replacement soon; you can use its box to return the old ATA. For your convenience, the return label is included in the outer pouch. 

Let me know how the new ATA works out for you!

Thanks,

Remy

Hey Remy, received replacement ATA followed procedures and installed per packaged instructions.  ATA has been connected a little over an hour and the second light is not on first and third are.  Get a busy signal only, no dial tone.  Please advise what I should do or try next.  Thanks.

Cabooose2,

Awesome! I'm glad the ATA arrived so quickly. Have you gone ahead and activated the new ATA at http://voice.hughesnet.com? If you need your SAN, we're able to provide it to you via private message!

Thanks,

Remy