cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plagued With Problems -- Just Ordered Viasat To Complement Hughesnet (Am I Nuts?)

Sophomore

Re: Plagued With Problems -- Just Ordered Viasat To Complement Hughesnet (Am I Nuts?)

I can honestly tell you that the Hughesnet antenna is incorrectly installed and not up to current specifications.  That mount bracket (called a "trimast") has to be installed in certain applications in order to obtain proper "triangulation" of the struts to correctly secure the dish from moving or sagging.  Looking at your mount, it is incorrectly installed and that is why it is continually sagging and losing signal.  It is also prohibited to mount on the side of the patio railing like that.  I'm sorry you have had to suffer through this ordeal.  A pole mount would have been the much better installation method here and you would have had no problem getting a signal since ViaSat got a signal to there VS2 satellite which is at a much lower elevation than the Hughesnet satellite.  If you want, you can send me the serial number from the white sticker on your modem and I can forward your account info to the distributor in charge of managing the installing dealer who is "assigned" to your county.  They can get them back out there to sink a pole.  Only if you want to keep both services.  Let me know if want my assistance.

--Someone who can really help you

Sophomore

Re: Plagued With Problems -- Just Ordered Viasat To Complement Hughesnet (Am I Nuts?)

Not sure what department you are with Brooke, but this installation would not pass photo audit.  There is no proper triangulation on the trimast and that's why it's continually sagging.  It's also mounted in a non-approved location.  You should look into who the original installing dealer was and/or contact the distributor (whom you should know who that is) so they can have HNS create a Priority Express Repair billable to the dealer to go back out and correctly install that antenna.  This customer would have had no signal issues if it had been done right the first time.  And (according to the ViaSat tech that DID show up) the Hughesnet antenna is not even grounded.  I would like to see those original installation photos.  And, especially, if this was a DDO install, then you need to get the distributor involved for corrective action so this dealer doesn't screw over our Hughesnet customers with piss poor installs like this.  If it was a fulfillment install, then a different dealer needs to get out there to correct the install and the original dealer charged back.  This is a joke.  We just spent 4 days in Virginia and this was hot topic.  This is completely unacceptable and I personally know that the distributor will be very proactive in correcting this situation and appropriately dealing with this installation dealer.

Alum

Hello southernsierra,

Please let me know if the technician arrived for the appointment.

-Brooke

Hi all, just wanted to jump in and clarify some things! Also @Installer, is there a particular reason you are posting on this account and not with 'gokartergo' ?

1. The HughesNet system is grounded:

2. Deck installations are perfectly fine as long as they adhere to our policy. The installation is in violation, but the signal loss was between 8/7-8/8 and occurred suddenly. Per March 16, 2018 Revision E of Consumer Antenna Site Preparation and Mount Installation Guide, page 81:

Shoot me a PM if there are any questions. Southernsierra, you are in good hands with Brooke, we'll make sure everything fixed up for you. 

Amanda

Sophomore

The installer did not show up (no shocker there). HughesNet Internet worked Infrequently last weekend at the cabin. More often than not, it was not working. Also, I physically looked at the grounding location in the photo above last weekend and did not see a grounding wire that was shown as pictures, additionally I did not see any wires heading that direction from the direction. Maybe I missed it. I will check again next Monday when I make the trek back up.
Sophomore

When I return next Monday it wil be 10pm and I am only staying for 2 hours to clean up for some guests I have staying. It will be another 2-3 weeks before I am even available on a Saturday for another tech to come out with 0% assurance they will actually make it out lol.
Highlighted

@Amanda  I messaged you about this.. It was not me..

Alum

Southernsierra, I am incredibly sorry and upset to hear the technician didn't show up. This isn't acceptable, I'm going to escalate this to their management, I appreciate you letting us know about this.   

-Brooke

Sophomore

Thanks Brooke. Whatever you did worked. Multiple people in Boise, ID just reached out to me to assign to a different installer to come out. I gave them my very specific directions and asked them to come not this weekend but the next weekend. They said they would call around to figure out who can do it and give me a call back to let me know.
Sophomore

Note: If hughesnet starts working next weekend I will officially have 3 internets at one house. I may be the only person in this country with 3 internets.